Service road built with Stand......why?

Can I just ask wich one is the main one?

To maintain backwards compatibility, the only viable way of moving this forwards is to have a variant of the stands without the service road which you can plant ‘back-to-back’ to a stand with a service road and use the service road on that, or use the new stand and provide your own service road.

This one is oldest

Ok, can someone merge then into one then pls.

I imagine it would be a nightmare to code for entrance to the stand from anywhere along the stand. Though I like the idea of doing what is done for objects like catering - show where the road link must go. I’d like to see two possible - one from apron side and one from terminal side and only one needs to be connected, but both can.

The current road with stand is a holdover from early days of development - I think stands were one of the first objects developed.

1 Like

I’m usually building roads from the other side of the stand on taxiway and roads connecting it between every couple of stands. I’ve been observing at least a couple of times vehicles exiting to other roads surrounding the stand and also I think a couple of them also entered the stand from other sides (instead of using the attached to the stand fixed road), so I don’t see it would be really a nightmare.

1 Like

I agree… I think it would increase the planning so much for us

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.