Service road built with Stand......why?

Devs said it’s planned to separate roads from stands I think.

link?

However, things are always subject to change.

5 Likes

I missed this! This makes a lot more sense, and aswers some of the question I had in another topic today.

Thank you @Rubble!

2 Likes

I completely missed that post as well. My bad. So are we going to actually see these changes in Beta 33?

I have no idea and things are always, as you know, subject to change.

Of course, I get that. I’m just curious if they’ve implemented this with the B33 Big birds. So @Olof any news on this part?

1 Like

That “very likely” was not likely enough, all roads are still attached and there will be no super large stand (doesn’t make any sense from a gameplay perspective). Things may change in the future but for now we’ve not made room for a dedicated effort of removing the roads.

6 Likes

As it is voting season again I would like to trow the option of ‘roadless’ stands in the mix again.

Separating roads from stands would make it possible to operate one way service roads or even dual service roads as you can see in larger airports these days.

is it possible to remove half the road? so on the stands its only one lane? this enables us to build stands “face 2 face” without having a four lane road inbetween

Edit: Also would be nice to be able to connect the taxiwayline on both front and back of the stand. that would enable “drive through stands”

2 Likes

Might the airplane stand overhaul discussed in this topic be something to consider on the roadmap for one of the beta sprints?

all I can say, user should have the power to add, and to adjust areas around stand and within as he sees fit, even location and connection point for the jetways, or the power generators (power generators could use some animation and operators to them too).

I would suggest making a primary stand with just the airplane area, and then upgrades can be added around it, with the user being able to expand stand up to the point when all things modern airport has are included…

Can I just ask wich one is the main one?

To maintain backwards compatibility, the only viable way of moving this forwards is to have a variant of the stands without the service road which you can plant ‘back-to-back’ to a stand with a service road and use the service road on that, or use the new stand and provide your own service road.

This one is oldest

Ok, can someone merge then into one then pls.

I imagine it would be a nightmare to code for entrance to the stand from anywhere along the stand. Though I like the idea of doing what is done for objects like catering - show where the road link must go. I’d like to see two possible - one from apron side and one from terminal side and only one needs to be connected, but both can.

The current road with stand is a holdover from early days of development - I think stands were one of the first objects developed.

1 Like

I’m usually building roads from the other side of the stand on taxiway and roads connecting it between every couple of stands. I’ve been observing at least a couple of times vehicles exiting to other roads surrounding the stand and also I think a couple of them also entered the stand from other sides (instead of using the attached to the stand fixed road), so I don’t see it would be really a nightmare.

1 Like

I agree… I think it would increase the planning so much for us

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.