Hi there, fellow CEOs. I started playing after a long pause just recently and enjoy what I see. Now - I got some questions on things I might do wrong or could do better or simply do not know the mechanism (yet). Maybe you might be so kind and help me or at least show me where to look.
How can I make GA happy? They seem to be stuck at 50% and will only drop, if their arrival/departure is delayed by CA waiting on the taxiway.
Is there a wise way of implementing or keeping GA at an airport? Sure, this does not earn big cash, but I like the idea of having small planes on my airport being serviced. The thing I have encountered is quite the opposite. Following the tutorial, they disturb my operations at some time and might be responsible for a delay cascade with my CA causing my airport to financially self-destruct.
Do GA require inspections by ramp agents? I can give them AVGAS LL for $, but do they need ramp agents as well or might require them, if my airport offers them?
- linking more than one stand to a bus stop and service car stop causes problems and leaves disoriented ramp agents at the stop. Am I correct to only assign one single stand to each of those to have the game work correctly?
how many do I really need? They eat up a lot of space in my terminal. I can build one per stand but I believe, in case of medium flights and planning the flights temporally separate, it could be possible to use less.
do I understand, that employees enter the stand from the front? Just leave 0.5x0.5 behind to make conveyor belts later?
Information desks and boards
- do they have a reason to exist currently besides being eye-candy?
Fuel supply contracts
- Do I understand correctly, that if the contract says “we deliver XXX” that this is the maximum of fuel gotten by capacity? So if I were to have 200k of storage tanks I would only pay for 200k but could get up to 800k per delivery if I expanded my tanks?
- What skills are needed for which job? What are the benefits/drawbacks of having a wrong skillset?
- Do they improve over time?
Possible bug here:
- How to break free of CA planes not landing anymore because of “another plane is using the stand or about to use it”? I got this issues in my last 2 airports built and this is frustrating. Even when everything is clear the planes clog up in the sky and none will land causing my airport to commit financial sepuku.
I understand that there are benefits in not having all planes land/take off the same time. However, what is a reasonable schedule? How much time between two flights is sufficient? What dangers to avoid with the flight planner?
Is variety in the contracts better than quantity? I.e. is it beneficial to have many airlines?
- Do airlines that will appear once a medium stand has been built also offer small flights or are they stuck to medium and larger? I.e.: do they check for my capacities and offer accordingly or just ignore small stands?
- Why do airlines seemingly reduce the amount of small flights offered if I build medium stands? I can do their small operations perfectly well so why not giving additional contracts instead of removing smaller ones?
- Do airlines have preferences? In my game I get fewer flights from forest air while CLM throws them at me as if candy. Maple seems to offer me more of the consecutive ones. I just wonder.
That rounds it up for the moment. I would be happy to get some answers here
Have a nice week.