Reputation System Idea

Hey there, I was just thinking about this while writing another idea. (It can be found herehttps://forum.apoglabs.com/t/hub-airport-idea/4079)

What is it?
Well, there would be like 2 reputations: Aviation Reputaion and Airline Reputation. The Aviation Reputation is a reputation that affects all the airliners, while Airline Reputation will only affect a specific airline.

What difference would it make?
Well, if you have a high reputation, you earn more money from contractors, if you have a low reputation you earn less money. Aviation Reputation would be lowered/raised by delays basically. If you have to delay a flight, you lose a bit of reliability, if you make 2 flights depart on time, you raise it a bit. Airline Reputation takes in factor check-ins, delays and more. The Airline Reputation lowers dramatically if you delay a flight, have too much check-in lines etc. If you have a flight depart on time, you earn loads of reputation.

How would reputation affect gameplay
Well, if you have a high reputation within the aviation, contractors will be willing to offer you more time to schedule flights and would pay you a bit more. If you have a low reputation, you have to fit flights on a tighter schedule and airliners will be willing to pay less.

If you have a high airline reputation, the airline in question will be willing to pay more money, give you more flights and if it hits a certain number, the airline asks for you to be their hub. If you have a low reputation, airlines will pay less, will give you very little flights and if it hits a certain number, the airline stops operating entirely.

How would you make an airline start operating again?
Well, if you hit a certain number in aviation reputation, the airline will begin operating again, with low reputation, you’ll have to build it up to a good value.

Miscellaneous
There could also be a situation in where if you become a hub of an airline, other airlines will have a lower reputation with you.

Thanks for reading! Any questions? Ask in the comments!

One of the better “Career Mode” ideas I’ve seen. This would be a challenge and give some great goals.

1 Like

This is a really good break down and as @jkernitzki adds some nice progression to the gameplay.

I think it’s all planned, because you can see the reputation percentages in the main module in game. However, I definitely think something deeper involving the factors you’ve mentioned like timeliness etc. would be great. Hubs have also been suggested before too, so hopefully they’ll all make it eventually :slight_smile:

Great idea, worked out nicely. But we should look at how much impact negative events (delays etc.) have at your reputation. Two delays per day isn’t much of a bad thing and therefore shouldn’t hurt your reputation that much. And delay by weather effects (not implemented yet) shouldn’t have any effect at all.

They already have included a system of happiness, though it appers to be affected only by fees at the moment (for landing, use of stands). I don’t know what the thoughts of the devs are on how this will be expanded.

On-time ARR/DEP should obviously be in.
Cleanliness.
Amenities (dining, shopping, hotels)
For shops, sales targets met.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.