Remote jetway stands

A few days ago @iEddiez has tried to do this, and failed.

The idea is simple, have the ability to add jetways to remote (medium) stands, either as an upgrade button, or as a separate item.
The only real life image I found of this is:

:arrow_up: Wikimedia Commons.
Probably because these are relatively rare, but their usefulness is too great to be ignored.
If this simple structure can be squeezed into the regular stand size, it can used used as an upgrade option if the stand is remote.
To achieve this, I suggest that the aircraft should be aligned somewhat diagonally across the stand,
That would allow placing the escalator building (and jetway) in the front corner.

Implementing this as a stand feature and not a bus mechanic would probably be technically easier.

What do you think?

I like I like

This look so wrong to me… Like someone cutted a jetway stand and remote stand in half and paste them to each other with glue.

1 Like

I have seen these at the remote international stands at lax, they would fit and reduce the need for a stair truck.

MUC has them. Looking ugly in my opinion.

But they are connected by tunnels. So this can work in ACEO. Just needs smaller stairs or escalators as we have to get up to the 2nd floor.

Just needs smaller stairs or escalators as we have to get up to the 2nd floor.

Escalators are coming so this will be possible :wink:

2 Likes

intersting - where that? i know there is few in world
mostly done with airstairs or moving lounges

BTW - escalators are in game right now

EDIT: sorry i mistood the wording so small esclators would be nice

Ohh… I will have to try a nice setup when A35 comes out. :star_struck:

It’s not really a great idea. The whole reason for remote stands is to have 2 stairs + ambulift is needed because they are a faster boarding method and they are significantly cheaper than jetways. These are very rare and I think stairs are much better and optimal.

Are you sure they are connected by tunnels? I remember boarding one of these with a bus…

Ugly, but useful.

Some people prefer to have less vehicles, they’re a lot of hassle… It some cases it ends up being slower in game because the stair truck needs to get to the stand from it’s parking (if not assigned to stand).

Also in the game this would end up being cheaper long term, as buildings don’t have running costs.

elevators are coming with floor selection, meaning you can have an elevator that only stops on +1 and -1

though these are kind-of outlandish, sophisticated and rare jetway versions, I like the idea! pretty cool addition that’d add a lot of variety, not just regular remote stands.

That has been my experience in MUC as well, the escalator only takes you down to the ramp level and you board a bus to the terminal.

haha - I ended up using no upgrades and stair trucks :frowning:

Geneve have something similar too

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.