One-way doors between different type of areas

Yeah, I’d like to see this.
At the moment, I have passengers walk to the airport before check-in opens and go and sit in my packed-out (way too small) baggage reclaim area. I’d like to be able to do it in the European method.

Usually its on the other side of the terminal check in area or different ‘room’ or floor level. So its not logical check in people go there.

In the game a have large area with seatings near the check in where they wait. You need seatings for all or they go find a place to sit down when they get tired. Same with gate seatings… and then they turn up late for boarding.

Yup, my whole airport is too small for the flights it’s taking so they overflow into baggage claim

In fact, in Europe, bagage claim area is outside the terminal secure zone but is inside a kind of other secure zone, where you cannot access from the entry hall. Furthermore, that’s were customs services stand. These things could be nice in the game.

2 Likes

One-way doors will be superb to keep the correct PAX flow.

3 Likes

Just fyi everyone that this topic has sort of been discussed in this thread here:

Where the baggage claim is (secured or un-secured) generally has to do with whether or not the airport is serving as a first point of entry to that country whereby bags need to clear customs additionally.

I believe from what I’ve read elsewhere that the devs actually already have an ‘International Baggage Claim’ in the game, but not yet available as a feature. I am not sure how accurate it is but I think it’s in the pipeline. That said, one way doors would be most helpful regardless :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One-way doors will prevent my stupid passengers to walk, with a hot-dog, through all the airport, to sit down in the baggage claim area only to stand up and go back to check-in desk :slight_smile: (of course the brand new arm chairs are already just next to that ‘fast-food restaurant’).

3 Likes

I feel like one-way doors could be used to prevent arriving passengers from “coming back out” the departure stands i.e. segregate international flights :slight_smile:

A good idea, one way doors! :ok_hand:

1 Like

“Up” Really would like this :smiley:

I think it’s scheduled; if mult-ilayer airports do, they will be used to separate incoming and outgoing flows.

So I expect one way stairs, doors, gates, lifts…

I would like to see this so i can separate my arriving and departing passenger, it doesn’t matter where i position my secure exit the passenger go to the nearest available door and cross my airport, it would be great if they followed my side walk to the only stand exit to go straight through to my secure exit.

1 Like

It’s the same for some Norwegian airports such as Tromsø.

I too voted for this :slight_smile:
Don’t like it when pax going for a burger at the check in area while their bags are just waiting to be picked up.

one way doors will make sure they won’t be able to get out before getting their bag
(and other people awaiting to check in away from my baggage claim area seating)

2 Likes

I think it is a crucial feature to optimise your passenger flow. I think it could and should be implemented as part of the new terminal and floors update because of the anyways necessary pathfinding algorithm rework. Zone-indipendent one-way doors or signs could be like a one-sided wall for passengers, so that the player can design paths which will be taken for sure.

One way doors are needed as are one way escalators, they do however present other issues that need to be resolved first.

1 Like

I could get behind a baggage claim only Zone

What exactly do you mean by that?

If PAX has a ticket with “depart”, that setting could be used to shield that PAX away from a zoned area that is marked “entree area”.

That would be a possibility. There would be “security zone”, “passport zone”, “luggage zone” and “non-secure zone” which would not be superimposable. Then staff zone/rooms, the bathrooms and the food and franchise rooms would be able to be dragged above the others mentioned above.
Or you simply use a system which allows to connect different zones and one-way waypoints to route your passengers instead of so much zoning.

Update to my previous post:
In most european airports the passenger flow of the arrivals goes something like this:
Gate → (Passport control) → Select connecting flight or baggage claim door → (end of security zone) baggage claim → Customs → Exit
where an arrow (->) represents a one way door.