NRW International

Hi guys, little preview here of my new modular/scaling airport. What do you think? Do you see any areas which could cause problems in the future?

1 Like

The terminal building

2 Likes

I’m thinking the secure exit could get a little cramped if a few flights arrived at the same time… :slight_smile:
But it’s a very nice design, with lots of capacity for expansion! :grinning:

You definitely need a parallel taxiway alongside gate area.

1 Like

with 5 stands each side of the boarding-building the exist is no problem so far. When i put stands down mirrored, the terminal building will be expanded to the east and have another exit and baggage claim area.

1 Like

that is quite an observation i’ve made so far, you’re right. That will cause trouble indeed moving the middle of the airport more to the left. Especially because i did calculate the buildings’ widths to fit just right into the starting square area :smiley:

I’ve overcome the issue of planes blocked from pushback by releasing the top ones first from their stand (through flight planner). But that will be no long term solution i guess. :slight_smile:

Something bothered me in the first total shot. I’ve missed one entire stand when putting the screens together :sweat_smile: So here is the entire airport with two updates:

• parallel taxiway alongside the gate area being built
  • scaling to the east

1 Like

The exit with 6 planes at a time offboarding

1 Like

having the left side of the gate building finished i am now looking forward to mirror it to the right. that will put some stress on the infrastructure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I am beginner and my goal i someting like that.

1 Like

I am a beginner too, and this is my third try so the chances for you to achieve your goal aren’t that bad :smiley:

1 Like

Well, I’ve now built the terminal to its full extend. Works fine but gives me a performance problem. Running on 4-6 fps at times is unfortunately the end of this airport :frowning:

3 Likes

Hopefully it will become playable once we’re done with the epic for path finding performance improvements as well as other performance improvements. Looks really good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would really approve this :+1:

1 Like