Now Hiring Moderators for The Airport CEO Subreddit

Hello future CEO!

The Airport CEO subreddit is one of our favorite communication channels and has been a great asset in building the Airport CEO community. A few months back, before the forum existed, the subreddit was the main discussion channel in which people came with feedback, questions and suggestions. Today it is not as frequently used but is still an important meeting place for future CEOs and will become increasingly more important as the game is released.

However, we believe that there is a democratic issue related to the subreddit being in sole control of us, the developers, and that there are future transparency issues related to this. For example, in regards to any accusations of deletion of negative posts, something we of course would never do that as we truly believe in transparency and free speech, the only real guarantee for this is to let someone else not tied to the company moderate it. It’ll also give us more time to work on the game as we don’t have to spend time moderating an active subreddit.

Thus, we are now looking for a few moderators that initially can help out with moderating and operating the official Airport CEO subreddit and in a not too distant future completely take it over as we would remove ourselves as admins when we feel that it is in good hands.

Everyone is welcome to apply but we are mainly looking for people who identify with the following:

1. An interest in Airport CEO
  2. A Reddit user account older than six months
  3. A subscription older than two months to either of these channels: This forum, Reddit, Facebook or Twitter
  4. Some kind of experience with moderating online communities

Additional qualifying attributes are:

1. Experience moderating other larger subreddits
  2. Experience with CSS and or web design in general

Does this sound fun? Would you like to take on a bigger role within the Airport CEO community? Don’t hesitate and apply today through this form.

Best Regards,

Apoapsis Studios

2 Likes

:astonished:

I completely forgot all about the Reddit to be honest. :joy:
Good luck to everyone who submits an application! :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I’m totally not qualified to meet your requirements, but I do run an airport in real life. Does that count?

2 Likes

When will moderators be announced?

Do you paint / decorate the hall and send rude people away? Then yes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We will close it down on Sunday and then proceed with the selection process! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I applied. Really hope I’m chosen, and absolutely can’t wait to get the game on Steam Direct. I’ve been following this project since pretty close to the beginning so I’m certainly excited.

1 Like

The application is now closed! Thank you for participating, we will begin the selection process over the coming week! :slight_smile: