More Decorative Items/Mod Support to Add Them

Feature request: More Decorative Items

Description: A bunch of new decor items, or mod support to add new items such as more tree models, more control over tree sizes, New seat models, more door models, more light models, more plant models, more floorboard models, more boarding desk models and so on. Just more models overall so we have more of a choice in terms of decorative items, and the look of our airport.

Why it should be implemented: Choice, more choice is never a bad thing.

Important Note: To ease the workload of this request, mod support for adding new game items, such as plants, seats and other kinds of furniture/decor, would be a good option.

If you have any specific things you would like to see comment below.

1 Like

Totally agree, but I can imagine that this will be part of the workshop in the future, so the community can build up their own stack of items for the game. Are there already thoughts on that with the devs that anybody knows of?

1 Like

There is mod support, but only airline liveries and so on. I have not seen anything about any mod implementation for new models yet.

Seeing as aircraft modding has 3 votes now… It might be a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we already have a bunch of airlines and so on though. The main thing I’m looking for is new gameplay systems and some more decor. I saw your post about weather and I did vote for it, seems like not many other people have though. I posted a comment to bump your weather suggestion to the top as I would really love to see this implemented.

My feature requests tend to be more ‘meta’. Looking at the voting, not many people go for that :smiley:

Then again, if they implement i.e. Cargo, and they use my Tenant operations ideas to make it easily expandable… :wink:

1 Like

Yes, but weather has so many uses, both gameplay and eye candy wise. It can be tuned with difficulty settings, so on harder difficulties we get more extreme weather that causes accidents more often, it also adds atmosphere. In a game such as this atmosphere is important as you are kind of just sitting there for long periods of time. It just has so many uses, esp in a game like this.

1 Like

True, there are so many more game play mechanics that can be added, like having dust storms when your airport is in the desert.

1 Like

Exactly, as I said, it just ties in so well and can be applied to almost everything and everything.

Also, main reason I want more eye candy decor stuff is so when I’m waiting for stuff to happen I can go around and give my airport more character, the weather would also give character.

Very true. I feel there are 2 main topics SimAirport still beats ACEO :slight_smile:

• Decoration / Coloring
  • Multi level
1 Like

Yeah, I don’t own that game. I decided to pick this one up hoping it would be more on the management side, we still need to have a good amount of control to make our airport feel like our own though.

1 Like

I agree, with multi level being in the top 3 in the voting at the moment, still 13 days to go :wink:, it has a good change to be developed in the near future. But decorations/colouring and everything related (e.g. desks, benches, toilets, floor tiles, lights, etc) could be developed to be serviced by mods which takes the load of the devs shoulders to create and deliver new items and gives the community the opportunity to be creative, my2cents.

Not only that, but without decorations…what are you going to PUT on that extra floor? :smiley:

1 Like

Decor items are really important to me too but ill wait for modding.

I play the management genre more like a basement model railroad and less like a tycoon game. I like the creative expression, so the variety of workshop items is pretty important in the long term. And i can wait till that is sorted.

i’ve been lurking on the forum for a long time, but haven’t kept track of the devs intentions on item and world/engine level mod support.

:joy: Indeed! The Christmas tree is still there :yum:

Yes, this is why I did say add in the mod support so we can add new items our self on the workshop. Guess most people missed it in the last area, I have now edited my post and placed this as an important note.

I also have no issue with multilevel being in the top 3, would be a major shame if we have nothing to fill the extra space up with though.

I have also edited the title of my post to reflect adding mod support to add these items our self.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.