[Mod] AirportCEOTweaks 2.3.6: Misc Patch

As far as I’m aware the British Overseas Territories and the Crown Dependencies have always had their own dedictated national code. Some years back (pre tweaks) I even amended the json to turn them all into GB airports, subsequently undone by an update. Both those airlines when they were offering flights only ever offered them to their specific island destinations.

Ah I see, in that case it’s correct. They have their ISO code maintained in the airport database.

But then I wonder why you have issues with Aurigny. Because if you use my mod, there is GG maintained.

Can you show me which of those mods you use? You may use outdated ones which have no country code maintained.

I think so , otherwise I wouldn’t get A320neos 767-400s and a lot of other planes .

The neo actually could go overseas, it’s just not that commoon in real life and only done by the A321lr.

It depends on their weight. But ingame that aspect is not included.

Tap flies the A321neo to Recife from Lisboa but it wouldnt make sense to fly that to Rio de Janeiro

Sure
We use the technical specifications of an aircraft and not the way airlines plan their flights.

More realistic would be if we would maintain specific airports and not countries. But that would require updates every 6 months. Best would be an API reading real life flight routes. :smiley:

The other option is to move the mods to your native mod folder and change the fleets. As example, for certain airlines I do remove all medium aircrafts because they never use them to fly to my home country.

Yeah its hard to keep it up

Annoyingly I messed around with it after the update, not sure what I was planning as I stopped playing shortly after but the version I have installed doesn’t have country codes, which is odd as wouldn’t they then dedicatedly only serve their Island of origin which they had been doing up to the change. I’ve also seemingly added BlueIsland as a native mod and put in JE as a country code, which if it’s now looking for GG might explain the issue?

No country code is same as vanilla aircrafts. They fly everywhere.

Be aware, after a change you must re-accept the contract ingame.

Could you please explain. When i using tweaks and which makes me pissed off is no flight offered despute i signed a contract

Try using 2.3.5, you can find it under previous versions in the main post.

Thank you bro. Could you explain is this a mechanical work of the mods or just a bug man?

More or less a bug. It’s difficult to guarantee realistic route generation anywhere in the world AND that enough valid routes will generate to flesh out all airlines. 2.3.6 was an attempt to make this better that in many cases made it worse, you can read back in the topic for more on that.

Try to increase your daily flight limit by adding more radars or towers. In my case it helped and airlines started to offer more flights.

Thank you bro i appreciate it bro

Let us know if it works. Just figured it out yesterday, so it needs more investigation.

Why does the tweaked Scheduler snap all my flights to the nearest 15-minute interval and bug out when I try to schedule small flights closer together than 30 minutes? And more importantly, WHY IS THIS A HIDDEN SETTING THAT I CANNOT CHANGE? I am trying to do a maxed out two-runway build and I need to be able to schedule my flights 5 minutes apart and I know my airport is efficient enough to support closer flight scheduling. This makes just the most basic drag and drop part of the scheduling take 3 times more steps than vanilla!!

Hi. This mod isn’t perfect, and it takes a lot of time for @zekew11 to develop, who has very little time. There may be bugs or things that aren’t perfect, but you’ll have to live with it. I’m sure Zekew is happy to shed some light on this - however please be constructive because we do this for free - you don’t have to use it if you don’t like it. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Not an intended feature and not one I’ve personally noticed; I schedule flights with 5 minute gaps fairly regularly. Feel free to roll back to older versions or play vanilla until the rewrite update is out, which should improve stability overall.

5 Likes

Interesting. I wonder why I’m experiencing that on my machine?

Also, I’m actually interested in getting in to code modding for this game, and I have a few ideas of things I’d like to try and implement, but I’m having trouble getting everything set up (and also digging through the massive codebase). I have prior Java experience, as well as a few other languages, but I haven’t really worked with C#/.NET before and neither have I worked with Unity games. Additionally, it’s much harder to get to grips with a codebase when you have no unit tests and no documentation to work with.

Do you know of any good resources to look at that would help me specifically to get things set up for modding this game? Or people I should talk to? I am currently very busy doing an engineering degree and trying to run a growing student organisation so I don’t think it would be fair for me to try and commit to helping in any significant capacity with any existing mods, because I reckon that I would end up just becoming a drag when things ramp up with everything else and I have to pull back for a while. But if there’s somewhere I can get help with getting a foot into it, that would be great (it also overlaps nicely with some of the software elements that I have to do for my degree, so that’s a bonus).

1 Like