So I’m not sure if this applies to all airports, but my local airport sometimes allows the landing of military aircraft and while I’m not 100% sure the reasons for this, I’m guessing that it is for refuelling or from what I’ve read online about it civilian airports have a different landing procedure to military and so they are sometimes used as training pilots to land with both systems.
Anyway! Whatever the reason I have thought through some ways of implementing such a system into the game although it would require some of the currently under development systems to be complected for it to work as intended, but all of that is explained below.
Government contracts outlining that X amount of military aircraft will land per day/week. These flights will not be scheduled and operate similar to the GA landings in that regards. Aircraft can vary from fighter jets to large troop/cargo transport craft which should also be explained in the contract.
- Your airport will require a minimum security score to be offered these new contracts.
- New, secure hangars and parking spots for the aircraft. A smaller one for fighter jets and a larger one for the cargo planes.
- Ability to refuel the aircraft as they land and the ability to unload luggage from troop transport planes.
- Emergency landing request that must be accepted or risk contract being voided. If accepted any flights due to land get delayed to allow for the new landing.
- Sabotage attempted by anti-war protesters. This can range from a single person to a small group who attempt to break through security to damage any military planes currently parked at the airport. Successfully stopping it results in a reputation boost while failure drastically reduces your security rating, as well as possible fees to cover any damage.
Risks & Rewards
- In addition to the usual fees charged by the airport, the contract can also include a completion bonus for the contract being completed fully.
- In the event of the security rating dropping below the minimum required then the contract is immediately made void and any fees applicable must be paid.
- Repeated completion of contracts results in better, more lucrative contracts being offered as well as different types and amounts of aircraft. Failure obviously results in the opposite happening.
These are just the basics of the idea I had in mind and I’m sure that if there is interest in it then we can work as a community to further flesh it out, assuming the developers are interested in implementing it too. I’ve really enjoyed my time playing this game so far and it has quickly becoming one of my favourite simulation/tycoon games which I would like to thank the developers for producing in the first place.