Max Number of Contracts

I ve been playing this game since the very beginning, and have had the opportunity to witness how important the support of community is, considering the fact that the game is very much at this point mostly enhanced by its own players, hence the number of mods created and real life contracts etc, why wasnt the original cap on number of contracts ever removed, from what I ve noticed its nearly impossible to create a fairly diverse airport, considering that liveries after a certain number of contracts simply get mixed up, and no new ones will get rendered, but rather old ones will randomly appear on aeroplanes of new airlines.

Is there any way to bypass this, or remove it completely in future builds

thanks

Welcome :slight_smile:

The game somehow fills mods into the VRAM. Not sure how exactly that calculation works. But at some point, it cannot load more mods/contracts. That depends on the VRAM you have and how big each mod is. There is no fixed maximum.

I am not 100% sure if it can be bypassed by using one single mod with multiple contracts instead of multiple single mods.
But for my personal use, I’ve only made one native (local) mod where I put all contracts in I want to have in my airport. So far, everything shows up.

If you do not care about the mod quality, there are some old outdated modpacks on the Workshop. Otherwise if you like up-to-date mods, you also have to create a native mod and put everything in you want.
As long as it’s just for personal use and you don’t publish that modpack to the Workshop, modders should not get angry.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for the answer :slight_smile:

Is there a tutorial, or a guide I can follow, so I can do the same thing you did?
Absolutely I have no intentions to upload it to Workshop, its just that my traffic gets stale and repetitive every so often. As of know all of my mods are the ones from Workshop, mostly a single airline per mod, but many have a historical contract etc…

Cheers

1. Download the Mods you want from the Steam Workshop.

2. You need to search the Steam folder (on Mac it is in Library/Application Support, for Windows I’m sure there is some one else who can help you) and there you go to steamapps/workshop/content/673610 and take there the Mod you want (exp. 1234567890).

3. Put it to Apoapsis Studios/Airport CEO/Mods

4. If you want to to put more then one airlines in one mod, go back to the workshop and into the second Mod in Companies/Airlines and take the folder (most times the airline name) put it to same path in the first Mod.

1 Like

On Windows, Steam workshop folder is here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\673610

the corresponding number you can see on the Steam Workshop URL → the ID is the same

copy to:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Mods

1 Like

Thanks a lot everyone!

:heart_hands:

1 Like

Mods have a lot of textures that are loaded (generated) as the game starts. As you state, the game needs access to them on the fly and thus textures occupy the GPUs available VRAM and if you have a fairly weak GPU or a large amount of textures loaded there will eventually be a limit as to how well the game runs.

Regardless, as OP correctly identifies, the unwavering support by the community does not fail in providing ample solutions! :smiley: :pray:

1 Like

It’s somehow a bit weird that a big modpack with the same content works. And how a couple MB of mods can fill GB of VRAM. But at least there is a workaround.

Hopefully you find the tricks to prevent those cases in the next game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.