Malmö-Lund Hugo Fredriksson Airport (MMA)

Hello fellow ACEOs! :wave:
I, @Earl_of_Arland , a representative from a company known as Airport Construction and Engineering Organization (ACEO), today announced the opening of a brand new airport in Malmö:

The Malmö-Lund Hugo Fredriksson Airport (MMA) !

Located near the town of Lund, the airport is built in honor of Hugo, @Fredrik 's son and ACEO’s (the game) newest ‘dev member’. A single runway airport, the design is built in accordance with the rules of ‘Default Test Airport’, with 2 medium gates, 4 small gates, 1 medium stand, 1 small stand, and some GA’s stand which must be as compact as possible. Also, this airport performance is quite good (30 FPS on my laptop, 3x speed).

This is my former submission for the contest that never make it. And shoutout to @MLGMAGICHOODINI , thanks for testing the airport!

Screenshots time!

The upper part of the terminal, featuring colorfull seating and dining-shopping hall

The lower part of the terminal, packed with baggage claims, check-in desks, security, and the ‘MMA’ sign

East wing, featuring GA stands and ramp office

West wing, featuring the tower, medium stands, and other ramp office

Office complex in the southwest

The CEO and his office :wink:

For those who want the complete airport save file:

EDIT: The Steam version is now online!

What do you guys think?

17 Likes

Very nice

1 Like

Wow! What a cool airport name! :smile:

1 Like

Wow! I am very honored and moved by your thoughtfulness. :heart_eyes: The airport looks absolutely amazing. I will definitely download and store the save game. Maybe one day I can even show him the airport built in his honor. :smiley: Thanks a lot!

11 Likes

This is so awesome! The name and the airport is really nice. Again proving we have the best community one can wish for! Thanks for sharing <3

9 Likes

Now I have a feeling like I can’t build an airport… I’m always bragging in my head about why my airports look and fuction more effeciently but it’s not happening this time… Looks so good!!!

1 Like

Very nice! We really need those diagonal taxiways in the game… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Wow, hello Fredrik! Thanks for the kind remark :heart_eyes: Hope Hugo like it in the future :smile:

Thanks Alex! And yeah, i think ACEO has one of the best community :wink:

Thanks Alex No.2! And c’mon, you could do it. If anyone can, why not you too?

Thanks J! and i also think about needing the diagonal taxiways, but like the runway exits i prefer to do them manually.

Thank You Everyone :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Very nice Airport, I really like it, i used to work at that airport (Sturup Airport, or Malmö Airport)
Now some correction of facts, MMA used to be Malmös old Airport “Bulltofta” until 1972 when it moved to just outside Svedala where it lies today, and since it is a bigger airport with international connection they changed the IATA code to MMX.

But as i said, i love the mod, it is really good.

2 Likes

Hello! Thanks for the nice remarks :slight_smile:

Yes, i’ve used the old airport’s (and Malmö’s) code ‘MMA’. These are unused after the old one were closed, and i reused them as a sign of ‘continuation’ of the old airport

Either that or i’m too lazy to search another code, and just use Malmö’s city code :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s perfect!

Also, fun fact. MMA, as I can see, was Malmö Bulltofta Airport, defunct in 1972. Bulltofta is today a park with soccer fields, tennis courts, jogging tracks AND a disc golf course! I love to play disc golf and Bulltofta is my “home field”. Cool coincidence :smiley:

4 Likes

As per the Multi-Floor update on the Experimental branch, this airport were incompatible with the new meta and outmatched by others. So, starting from now, I will attempted to recreate Malmö-Lund Hugo Fredriksson Airport from scratch, which will be bigger, not sucker and hopefully be completed in 2 months :smiley:

4 Likes

Need any help?
as i said, i used to work there…

Now i just live under the “approach path” to the airport (i have a good look on all incoming aircraft)…

2 Likes

That’s cool :slight_smile: It’s so awesome living under the aircraft paths. Hehe. Also very nice Airport build of the MLHF? Airport haha. Love the name also.