Let's Discuss: Aircraft

1. What is your favorite aircraft?

2. In your opinion, which airline best operates their aircraft?

3. Which aircraft is your least favorite?

4. What aircraft on which airline would you like to fly next?

5. (slightly off-topic) Do you like to fly on planes?

6: What aircraft do you want next in ACEO?

This is another Let’s discuss thread, and I look forward to seeing your opinions on these topics. My answer is below.

2 Likes
  1. My favorite aircraft has got to be either the A380 or A321.

2. I cannot decide, as it really depends on the aircraft.

3. Perhaps the A320 (it is old, smelly, less IFE and dirty, even new models are bad), or any type of prop or RJ (same reasons)

4. I really wanna get on a 747-8,or an A350.

5. I like flying in general, but the true experience lies in the airline and aircraft.

What is your favorite aircraft?

A330. Been across the Atlantic a few times in these planes - great in economy class and the 2-4-2 arrangement is superior to the 3-3-3 or 3-4-3 that is prevalent on other aircraft.

In your opinion, which airline best operates their aircraft?

Don’t really know what to say for this. I don’t know enough about the operations or technical details of specific airlines to say anything for certain. I’ll say that Virgin aircraft are probably some of the best presented planes I’ve come across but beyond that I can’t really say.

Which aircraft is your least favorite?

The older 737s (300s/400s/500s) - a controversial choice perhaps, but having flown on some of these planes in recent years, they’re really showing their age. I"m sure they’re technically sound, but as a passenger they lag behind the competition.

What aircraft on which airline would you like to fly next?

A380, from the upper deck.

(slightly off-topic) Do you like to fly on planes?

Yes. In spite of the criticisms of flying in the 21st century (most of which are justly deserved), I do still get a sense of thrill when the aircraft leaves the ground.

I love flying any type of commercial aircraft I don’t really have a preference.

I would have to say South West Airlines, but most of the time I can’t decide.

I don’t hate any commercial aircraft unless they are really loud in the cabin.

I don’t mind which airline I fly on but I would like to fly on either Sun air of Scandinavia or Key Lime Air flying on one of their Dornier 328 jet.

I love flying on airplanes. As long as they don’t go upside down then I love them. Especially when I have a window seat.

TU-134/154 and 737 Classics. I just like classic commercial aircrafts in general. They are loud, you can hear the engines roar/screaming and feel how hard they take off. The electronics are mostly old and the pilots are using basic instruments to fly the aircraft.

From a visible perspective, I’d say Qatar Airways. I never saw an aircraft dirty from them. Like… Never! From a technical aspect, I do not really know. It seems that Cathay Pacific and Lufthansa have quite some good MRO departments. Lufthansa tho has some cabin air issues apparently if you take into consideration all those reports: The Aviation Herald

A380/ 787. For me personally the nose of 787 looks like a pitbull… Pretty ugly :smiley: The A380 looks like a flying whale. Its really quite, yes, but not my thing :slight_smile:

A320Neo on Lufthansa.

Definately! That is my favorite thing besides PC :smiley:

1 Like

From passenger experience: Airbus A380, very roomy window seats (maybe a tad too roomy since I tend to put my head on the wall as a poor Y passenger and additionally it is very very silent (at least with EA GP engines). The A350 might take that spot, tho. But yet I couldn’t find a trip where it would have been not to ridiculous to reroute to get on one.

I admire our local Lufthansa for managing to operate such a “dense” fleet with virtually no gaps while other airlines only manage to be profitable when operating “one narrowbody” and “one widebody”.

My least favorite aircraft… whut? :smiley:

What aircraft on which airline would you like to fly next? (slightly off-topic)
Either Air Algérie to finally get to know my fiancée’s family. lol :smiley: Also I wanna see Algeria which seems to be very beautiful (but kinda dangerous).
But more like the A350 of Lufthansa to some modern Asian place if they’ll schedule it that way. :slight_smile:

Do you like to fly on planes?
… seriously? :smiley: I book myself on via flights to get to fly the 787 (QR in 2013) when flying to Dubai while there are 5 daily flights from my area to Dubai, not including the AMS and BRU connections, which are also “my area” pretty much. So, you can figure… :airplane:
And lol @rofl-er - that, too… :joy:

1 Like

Simple: Boeing 747-8

Either QANTAS or Emirates

Despise that A330. Yugh.

747 with Qantas or the A380 with Qantas, maybe the 747 with British Airways.

Yes.

1 Like

B777-300 ER, great range and huge engines, gets you where you need to go.

Having watched the airport documentary on Dubai, Emirates looks like a very modern and efficient set up.

Hard to say, maybe 767’s are starting to show their age.

A350 is next on the list, so maybe Qatar airways flying somewhere.

Its better than walking on international journeys, fact.

1 Like

A thread to talk about which is your favourite plane and why.

Mine is the 737 it is a nice firm aircraft with a beautiful flare. It has a nice yoke instead of a side-stick thing and handles nicely. Although it is old it is still a bestseller and has the record for sales (of a family) and with the max generation coming out soon its legacy is set to continue:

Beautiful image :slight_smile:

Mine is The Boeing 717-200 such a versatile aircraft, able to land on dirt/gravel runways if needed.

I love how on rotation the rocket up into the sky… Also love the sounds of the engine spooling.

2 Likes

I respect your choice… But… 737 looks a bit ugly. :neutral_face:
Tho it’s each person’s perspective.

I really must say that even though I’ve not seen it in person, the C-Series really catches my eye. Nice sleek aircraft, mood lighting, the nose itself ugh. Very classy!

A380s are great to fly on, but I think the B717 looks best. Its all from your point of view. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it have to be the J-29 tunnan, or the B-17? or wait, the B-52, or the A-10.

i dont really know that much about meny airlines, i have only flown with Brussels Airlines, SAS and Malmö Aviation, but SAS is nice.
The Airbus series(“if it ain’t boeing, I ain’t going” kinda of an deal)
To hard to answer.
The door is right there, and the corner is right there, you decide.

1 Like

The A380, that thing just looks magnificent.

My best experience so far has to be Finnair, great service and great planes.

MD-80, flew on this type several times in the US and its just horrible.

Etihad A380 (preferably in the residence)

I think its one of the best things on earth.

1 Like

A revive to this thread: Having recently flown on United, BA, and American 777-300s, I must say that the 77W is a very comfortable plane, and it may be my new favorite plane, even though the airlines are not that great, the 77W is like a whole new airline in Premium classes, the US airlines really make premium classes seem better than they are!! :sunglasses:

1. Fokker 70/100
  2. Probably Lufthansa, but not sure.
  3. Metro III
  4. A350 Lufthansa
  5. Yes I like flying so much.
  6. Dash 8 Q400
1 Like

My favourite airplane is the Boeing 787, just so modern and comfy! ANA airlines in Japan use them well. I would like to fly in ANY 747. If I had to become a pilot I would like to operate an Airbus A320/321.

1 Like
  1. 737 or a320
  2. I don’t know
  3. A380
  4. 757
  5. Yes, but I would not want it to be a career
  6. Embraer jets