[Kinda Solved] Save game lost due to incorrect directory path

I am still on Catalina and need to move my save files over @Olof cuz they were not showing up. so looks like the move is needed for anyone with Mac when they update to the latest ACEO.

Also the new file where the saves go was not there until I updated to the latest ACEO update and opened started game. Then the file was created and I was able to move them over. Here is my new saves location.

Also, once I clicked on the Mod Tab in the main menu I could not see any of my native mods, and new mod folder was also created once I clicked on the mod tab in the main menu. I moved my native mods over. Here is my new native mod location.

Update… after transferring i loaded the game and my native mods are now showing up!

Im not sure yet what other folders might need moving (logs, templates, etc…)?

Here is my folders in the old structure location

1 Like

Super weird… only seems to affect a certain amount of macOS users and not all of them. I can only suspect some weird Unity change at this point then. Will need to keep a look at it and if it continues to happen with further updates we’ll need to look into some automated solution.

4 Likes

Lost all my saves too. In addition: it asked me about my preferred language when I restarted the game?

Can Confirm all the above.

@olaf Sorry i’ve not monitored my entry here anymore after I found the solution that fixed my issue.-
Some information that may helps you:

• Yes, I use MacBook
  • No, I do not have an M1 chip
  • Yes, I’m on Big Sur, but already did the upgrade weeks ago.
  • I had the same thing as @EvanTheCEO mentioned. I had to select the language on that day of the strange behaviour

Btw. I found the new folder by creating a new airport, gave him an unique name, saved it and searched my file system for this folder name.

1 Like

Did you try the fix with moving the files from the other folder to the new saved folder?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.