Janitors not keeping up

First of all: Thank you for putting this game together! It is so much fun, even though a bit quirky at times.

I also have noticed the janitors not keeping up. In order for them to maintain the terminal clean, you need to hire an insane amount of janitors, which in turn will reduce profit (or even end up with a negative hourly balance). My airport has an average of 3200 pax.

In preparation of the new Alpha release, I just unlocked Franchise and dumped down a lot of recycle bins. So when the new release comes out (currently I’m running 33-50-0), hopefully they take effect immediately (hopefully emptying recycle bins isn’t adding to the janitors workload…).
But I would also be a great supporter of a zoning system like we’ve seen in for example roller coaster tycoon, this way you have even more control over your work force (not only limited to janitors though).

Thank you to the dev team for putting together this game and bring so many hours of fun to the gaming world!

1 Like

Maybe zone is misleading because its is already used in the game for something slightly different.
Maybe we call it working area?

1 Like

My janitor situation has got worse! I require over 4000!!!

Is it possible to look at turning off dirt as an option in the debug panel? My airport is always dirty especially with mostly large stands and a high volume of passengers. It doesn’t have a nice aesthetic to it and I feel like I am running a dirty airport.

1 Like

@Olof: Ist this valid, now? Does placing bins lower dirtiness?

Edit: facing same problem. More than ~2000 pax and my ~150 janitors can’t keep up…

1 Like

I don’t think it’s working yet, but there’s some proactive cleaning available now, which I’m always researching and enabling for the airports (neither of them have grown to have medium planes yet, so I can’t tell it’s helping with dirty floors).

2 Likes

I’ve put bins all over, but it doesn’t seem to make a difference. Dirt everywhere that regenerates every few seconds. A tad overzealous with it. Also a shame we can’t clean the dirt off certain objects like chairs, sinks, etc., even with the developer mode.

2 Likes

No, it’s been pushed to Alpha 35. However, Alpha 34 as mentioned now has proactive cleaning which invokes a janitor cleaning job before items become dirty.

4 Likes

You don’t actually require 4000, there are just 4000 available job tasks. There is a balance in the game, if the game generates dirt faster than the janitors can clean them, this number will increase indefinitely until it consists of essentially the total amount of place that can get dirty. Your janitors just can’t keep up. Hiring another 30 janitors, doubling your current amount, and letting them catch up for a few days might resolve it. Otherwise try hiring another 30.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks!
Let’s see how it develops when we can reduce dirtiness…

Haven’t tested difference with/without proactive cleaning, as I activated it before first pax arrived.

But at the moment, even with proactive cleaning, it’s a nightmare. As soon as amount of janitors is less then 10% of pax in airport, they can not keep up with cleaning. At 7 o’clock, at the latest, my airport looks messy as hell… :wink:

1 Like

It will for sure be rebalanced either in Alpha 35 or before full release! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Either this or you implement dirt which is cleaner.

2 Likes

A dirt depending on the current weather.

1 Like

@Olof, when this is rebalanced and released, could the trash cans be moved from shop and restaurant panel to decoration/terminal panel.

5 Likes

I totally agree. I think this would be way more straight forward than putting it under just the food tab. To comprise we can put it under both.

2 Likes

Yes, trashcans will get a purpose in Alpha 35 and will be moved and accessible from the terminal building start.

7 Likes

Yes, trashcans will get a purpose in Alpha 35 and will be moved and accessible from the terminal building start.

Maybe there can be 2 types of trash cans. First one is current trashcan and will be available since first moment of new game. Second one will be “recycled trashcan” and it will be available with R&D of franchise (or food) development. It can just look fancier like “here in this airport we care of recycle” and nothing else :wink:

3 Likes

“Recycle” bins, can maybe boost the morale of passengers, same with plants and decorations.

1 Like

hi, I my janitors was not keeping up, but I put bins down and now it is getting better

1 Like

I tried your advice.

This floor was absolutely clean when I put the bins there a few minutes ago.
No, it’s not getting better for me.

1 Like

This is not true. Right now trash cans do not have a purpose and are just for decorration. I belive in Alpha 35 termainl update trash cans will actually have an effect, so that is why @Titule, there is no effect.

3 Likes