How to make a world bigger

As you go step be step it’s a tutorial

1 Like

Keep in mind that by doing this, you no longer get the support from the version and things break.

I’m currently trying to figure out why jetways do not work on my airport with everything set up and zoned correctly. If i remove the jetways, everything works.

If i add the jetway, an aircraft literally gets stuck on the runway.

Mod carefully

3 Likes

k, changing now

1 Like

Totally correct, if you alter the map size logically all support drops from the devs, so please also always state that you have altered the map size if you report an issue with the game on the forum. Maybe even better to open a separate thread for issues when you changed the map size, so you can discuss it and maybe sort it out amongst yourselves and the devs do not have to take a look at it.

3 Likes

You can simply edit the saving by notepad

1 Like

interesting, didn’t know that.

1 Like

When in construction mode, normally, small squares are displayed on the screen. But if we increase the size of the map, the framing is still in config 700 * 700. Do you have an idea to also increase the framing?

1 Like

There is none. that grid is part of the game’s coding and not the save’s coding.

1 Like

Any ideas what Z does? (@Alexander)

1 Like

Great feature!
I just do not see how to move the relocated road. What should I do exactly in the F10 menu? I tried to switch off “simulate construction” and ‘sandbox’ on.

You don’t need to. Just place a new contractor/delivery site.

Ah, okay! I increased the land of an existing airport. Therefore it would have fitted well to my existing road if we could have moved the connecting-road.
Thanks anyway for your answer!

Well, you can also edit the StructureData.json file if you really want it. But it’s quite tedious. You have to find all “PublicRoad” entries and correct the x-values :
{“x”:180.5,“y”:56.5,“z”:0.0}

Ow yeah, there are loads of them!
I imagine that it would alter my public roads instead of the connecting-road, isn’t it? In that case, they would collide with the terminal.
Even though it’s suboptimal, I’ll just redesign my road-system.

Yes, I recommend you do it right after you start a new airport, because the more roads you build by yourself, the more roads you’ll find in the json-file. Later it’s hard to differ.

1 Like

Or just use the search funtion for the word “Worldsize”.

Where is the Green dot, where is this project tiles?
I confuse step 7, how to not save and save at the same time???
You say saving will reset the JSON file, so should I just cancel after edit it?
Also why F10, what is the meaning of disabled construction sim? To reach what???
This make the world bigger, but does it make the playable area bigger???
Since the world size is 700x700 square. But the playable area clearly a rectangle shape.

Okay I just did some math. Turn out the 700x700 is 4 square. First when the game was still in develop back in the day, I remember it now.
So 1 square equal 350x350.
To this day you have 3x2 square which is 1050 (350x3) and 700 (350x2).
I get it now, this post is soooo outdated that it information no longer relevant and precise anymore. Well that’s what happen when Dev don’t allow people to edit their post, leading to inaccurate information to time.

Who says that the author is still active. :wink:
It’s just the best topic to link if people ask for bigger maps as no one made a better instruction so far.

At the end you only need to find the correct json and change the “worldsize”

1 Like

If only we also able to change the grid too. Too bad the grid is “hard coded”.
Cause right now even when we change the world size, the grid still cap at 1050x700.

2 Likes