Going to Starbucks while airport loads

Translation: 1735414ms = 28.5 minutes to open the game…

Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 8.46.36 PM

May Starbucks will open a shop within your home. Loading time looks profitable. :smiley:

1 Like

Damn how big is your airport?

I had an airport that took an hour to load. lol

Yeah, I’ve had 10 min load times too. I do know that load/save optimisations have been mentioned they are going to be investigated in upcoming releases, though don’t quote me on that.

It’s something we’re looking at for the beta period yes, along with other performance optimizations. I assume this is a very, very large airport that’s been loaded?

4 Likes

Something else i hope you’re looking at. I’ll try to explain. Whenever i build big airports and to build fast and freely i go in the F10 menu, enable full sandbox and i disable the simulation of material and building.
Then when after i’ve placed like terminals and often when i’m building baggage system with belts and stuff and when zoning. It can get really sluggish and take everything from 10-30 seconds to minuets sometimes for the game to do all the thinking or whatever it’s doing.
Sometimes it’s enough that i build a piece of wall or something that’s not really big. And the game still needs a long time to “think” about it. I don’t know if it’s only me. But it should be easy to replicate.

@Megahenrik

Do you have auto saved turned off or on? If you have it turned off then make sure you save often if you are building fast. I noticed that when you build fast but don’t save often, this causes the game to slow as you are saying. But if you save the game after a lot of building, then it starts to work faster again.

I save very often, because i have had one or two crashes while speed building an international airport.

This used to happen to me, but now it takes about 1-3 minutes.

To be clear, there will be additional save size reduction gains along the way before beta, although the biggest changes will most likely come at that stage. We’ll hopefully with Alpha 35 reduce the size of terminal save data by an order of 4 which should speed up the loading of some large airports.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.