Gate Desk Operations

This has sort of been discussed in Devlog No.76 a bit but I don’t think it was really adequately resolved and probably could do with some elaboration.

With regards to the boarding gate desks, I think that at the very least you should be able to build two queue lines up to one desk. I’m a reasonably frequently flyer and most airlines have either a console on either side of the desk or an additional standalone console for scanning boarding passes. That way when it comes to boarding usually two agents are able to process two queuelines. (Either one priority lane and one general boarding lane OR two general boarding lanes).

I think an elegant solution would be to be able to assign two queues to the gate desk (one on either side) and two agents for boarding. This would speed up the boarding process in game and also could be a requirement for more reputeable carriers or larger flights.

Also, another minor related idea is that the gate desk is often used for other purposes like finding passengers to offload, managing upgrades, seat assignments and standby passengers. These are not vital, but maybe something for later on.

8 Likes

Yes, that sounds like a great idea. :smiley:

with American airlines, the queues are even larger with a total of I believe 6 lines with first 4 priority

Is this at the check-in counters or at the actual boarding gate?

boarding gate

Oh wow that’s a lot! Most I’ve ever seen before is 3 lanes.

well 1-4 is actually one line

We are sort of working on this. With the new assign-line-dragging system that Olof has put together we will be able to assign just about anything in the game. :slight_smile: We plan to use this system on boarding desks as well, leaving room for multiple desks per stand.

7 Likes

Will it be possible to have 1 queue fo multiple desks? Usually check in desks have 1 to 3 queues for multiple check in desks.

Oooh that sounds awesome not to mention flexible! Thanks for filling us in on such developments. I look forward to seeing how it can be used in game :slight_smile:

Good idea sounds really good

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.