GA spots (and remote stands in future) looking each other can use same service road?

GA spots (and remote stands in future) looking each other can use same service road?

In another words, this setup is possible?

5 Likes

Not really, the service road is part of the stand so instead it would be 4 lines of service road. Something to look into for the future as it do look really nice that way.

5 Likes

Ohh, I see. Maybe coding a new stand with 2 plane spot and a middle road would work out? Like this, every column is a parking spot can be selected on construction menu.

So that, base code doesn’t need to be changed much and when remote stands come in the future, this method reduces work to do?

1 Like

That would cause another problem… Each stand holds a stand controller script, which is used for handling one aircraft at a time. The current logic would not support two aircraft parked at the same stand so this will cause a lot of issues. The only real solution I can see is to add another stand type with only one service road lane.

3 Likes

Would it be possible to go even bigger and have multiple rows of stands with alternating taxiways and service roads? (Arrows representing stands)

TAXIWAY TAXIWAY TAXIWAY
:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:
TAXIWAY TAXIWAY TAXIWAY
:arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up::arrow_up:
SERVICE SERVICE SERVICE
:arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down::arrow_down:
TAXIWAY TAXIWAY TAXIWAY

I guess wont need to build the service road as it comes as part of the stand. Can something like this work?

Yes, that is possible but the questions was more about only having 2 lanes of service road when building rows of stands.

Ok. So in my setup, there will be 4 lanes? Each stand has a 2 lane service road! Right I forgot

Ok. So in my setup, there will be 4 lanes? Each stand has a 2 lane service road! Right I forgot

Definitely, it is already the current system. There are 2 paralel 2 lane roads which is equal to total of 4 lanes.

The only real solution I can see is to add another stand type with only one service road lane.

But @Fredrik then if player places this stand and if it has only 1 lane of road, that wouldn’t cause any issue with path finding for ground vehicles? I assume player is someone else than us who doesn’t know how system works.

Yes, it can cause issues. One way roads are not especially smart today so that could risk deadlocks.

So shall we assume it is currently not possible to be made and we will see in future updates?

I think we have to solve better one way roads lanes first but then it shouldn’t be so difficult to implement.

5 Likes

Well I was looking for something else and I found my own topic from June 2017. 7 months were enough time to solve better one way roads lanes? :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe when remote stands come, this feature can be implemented too? :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.