Fuel Refill

I built a large airport with 3 separate fuel depots and still keep running out of fuel. So I closed the airport to let my depots catch up and to study truck routes to improve refill time. The issue I see…

• The refueling trucks all seem to fuel 1 depot at a time instead of having separate logic to have trucks go to the depot that was calling it. For the longest time I had 2 completely empty fuel depots and 1 full one. Every truck that came just keeps topping off the full one and leaving.

-When I’m completely out of fuel and refill trucks come. Every single fuel truck I own come rushing out fighting for the fuel that came in. Having 30 empty gas trucks all fighting for a few thousand gallons of fuel causes a big traffic jam mess. Only 1 or 2 trucks should come out of my storage shed to collect the fuel if I only have 5k of fuel.

-I built 2 vehicle checkpoints one on west side and one on east side. All incoming vehicles go to east entrance then turns around and goes all the way back to west checkpoint and enters there. I thought trucks would pick the closest checkpoint to where they were going but ended up making a bigger mess my having trucks do double work.

I can make a video of these issues if you have a hard time understanding my wording.

• Trucks entering (or leaving) the service road area always visit the primary security point.

• Never could find any logic in fuel depot refills, I just order extra fuel all the time.

What I don’t understand is how big your airport is that even 3 fuel depots are not enough. Do you have attached tanks for every 3 fuel depots? Or you created a massive airport by activating map tiles with editing save? (that may cause path finding problems)

Right-click on the depot that keeps getting filled and click the Close button. This should cause fuel trucks to ignore and you should get the other depots refilled.n all three are filled,click Open on each Depot.

No Edits or cheats. I have 39 medium stands on current map. I think I can get 50 without issues but fuel and plane pathing seems to be only issue

I would like to see a screenshot of that airport

1 Like

We need to be able to set a resupply level manually or have it do it from total supply % as they always run out before a resupply comes.

1 Like

We need to be able to set a resupply level manually or have it do it from total supply % as they always run out before a resupply comes.

There is already such a system. When the amounth of fuel in fuel depots drops below 10%, Fuel supplier automatically resupplies.

1 Like

And that system should have a slider to have more frequent deliveries ;).

2 Likes

And that system should have a slider to have more frequent deliveries :wink: .

If you have a massive airport and your fuel depots can’t catch up, you can always build second or third fuel depots :frowning:

1 Like

When you have a contract that states it is a Vendor Managed Inventory, it should not be needed.

I’ve been plaigued by fuel issues for a long time. I now just have twice the number of fuel truck (more or less) and per stand don’t have any issues now. That way they should never have run out of fuel.

I do the same, 1 big truck per medium stand.

From my experience 1,5 truck per 3 medium stands is enough. It all depends on how many stands you have in total (pathfinding) and how fare depots are (detours).
:flight_departure: