Floor Tiles change texture depending on my zoom level

Hey guys, so question is why do floor tiles change the way they look when i zoom in and zoom out. For example in this screen shot (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1258237718) Floor tiles on the edge of the rooms are the ones that are bugged. you can clearly see my floor tiles are not the same even though they are. It seems to do this with all the floor tiles or at least most of them.

I also get strange black lines through sidewalks when zoomed out and if i zoom in they go away. These black lines seem to appear just randomly. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1258244978)

My graphics setting are on fantastic, screen resolution is 1920x1080 and my system specs are Intel I-7 6700k, MSI GTX 970 4GB and 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHZ RAM. I doubt its something to do with my PC but ill include my specs anyways. I suspect this is an engine issue or a GFX setting issue.

Not a game breaking issue but its quite annoying when i’m trying to make my airport look nice.
Anyone else noticed these also?

1 Like

I believe that this happens due to the current system for floor-textures. A more detailed system takes up a lot more calculating-power, so the current system is used to increase performance. I believe there was a post about it a while back, though I can’t seem to find it.

1 Like

Roger and yeah, it’s not a big issue just kind of annoying seeing the floor tiles changing textures lol. Was just wondering if it was an issue with the engine GFX or a GFX setting on fantastic settings. If you are right there is nothing i can do to fix it so all good. I remember having the same black lines in prison architect also but the floor textures did not change.

Yes, you are right. :slight_smile: There is some optimization that merges floor tiles to increase performance. The downside is that it creates some graphical glitches. We will look into how to remove this in the future but for now it is not considered critical.

1 Like

I have experienced this to.