External party buildings / services at your airport

What i was thinking about is i.e. a news corporation / police having a helipad, or the fire department having a plane for areal firefighting. Or the air force having a presence. Perhaps a museum, weather service, etc.

7 Likes

Just like at Eindhoven,
Where the airforce stations their c130 And kc-10

Sorry to necro an old post but I was thinking about this idea today and thought it’d be a great idea. It could operate differently to both GA and commercial but could be contracted based on available facilities made available within a lease space. Ie, a corporate jet service for high end charter flights may want a couple of small spaces, a small hanger and a building with plush facilities.
A medical retrieval service may want 3 - 4 small spots +/- helicopter facilities, a small hanger, training space and an office.
A fire service may want water facilities, some chopper pads, 2 small and 1 large space.
Those corporations/organisations would have sole use of those facilities for the term of the contract.
Different companies may want different facilities but if you can meet the demand then you will earn yourself a contract. The leased space will be used by the corporation with little oversight from the CEO unless requested. We could see activities occurring in these spaces specific to the role, ie, corporate charter could have occasional customs visits, limos pulling up, etc. Medical could have ambulances receiving or dropping off patients, etc.

3 Likes

I particularly like the idea of medical flights, which necessitate ambulance transfers to the airside. In addition to scheduled transfers (often at short notice, but planned nevertheless) the medical operators often have to fly emergency flights. It would be interesting to have these planes needing priority at the airport from time to time, as well as having the flights met by blue light ambulances airside.

Maybe something for further down the line, but would be welcome nonetheless.

See this discussion

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/minor-details-make-your-tiny-suggestions-here/634/151

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.