Editing steam mods?

Hey. I’ve been trying to use only real airlines, businesses, etc. so I’ve downloaded a bunch of steam. The only problem is that only 2 airlines operate small aircraft and very rarely do they. I was wondering if you could edit mods to have more aircraft. I found something after a bit of searching:

Yes it is possible but you should not edit them within the Steam Workshop folder, they will only be replaced by Steam. Instead copy the mod to the Native Mods folder and then edit them there. Remember, it is ok to edit the mod locally but not acceptable to re-upload the mod to Steam and claim it as yours. If you want to add liveries permanently to a certain mod, I suggest you contact the mod owner and offer your assistance for good community measure. :slight_smile:

I’m editing the mod for personal use, so the second part isn’t a problem for me. The first part is where I’m confused. Where can I find the actual mod and how do I copy it to a native mod folder. I’ve seen “Native mods” in the turn on/off section of the actual game, but I’ve tried looking in the package contents and didn’t get anything. If it helps, I’m running a 2017 MacBook Pro 13 inch, with a 2.3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5 CPU and an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB GPU. Thanks!

Hi.
Have a look at the linked list. There you can filter by small aircraft only and you will see, there are plenty of real airlines with small aircraft available in Steam.
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AnJ6e9c-a76fqssiNly8BaBqpKMncQ

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.