DevLog 83: More Bug Fixing and New Screens

Awesome job! Nice looking airports I can’t wait to build mine! :grin:

4 Likes

Definitely worth the wait!

I’m excited for this title. Those graphics are awesome. Some things I noticed on the images. Looks like there is a staff security entrance (middle passage to the secure area). Also 62 check-in desks. But just one baggage carousel. lol

Keep up the work, we’re with you guys.

Beautiful screens I am sure that tester is an engineer IRL and he is pro on airport buildings :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome work to the devs and testers making sure we get a top notch game. I’m even more excited about the game now.

@Olof and @Fredrik I sent you a private message and look forward to a reply.

Kind regards
ModeratorBot

Correct, airside is slightly down-scaled. Basically our ambition has been to try to make it as realistic at possibly without hurting gameplay and performance (we are not building a simulator). The full world is already really huge and here we are concerned about performance as the world would have to be a lot bigger to accommodate accurate scaling. 1 node in the world is around 1 meter. So you would need at least 2500 * 2500 grid, (or even larger), which would translate to almost 7 000 000 nodes. Just imagine that path finding…

2 Likes

Thanks for that. It makes a lot of sense. I would still like to see runway length a factor for larger plane. Maybe lie to us so when we build a 2000m runway, it’s actually 500m (but tells us it’s 2000m). In other words scale down again to fit the different length size runways on the world.

Anyway, I like the balance you seem to have found on this. I let you focus on bug squashing and wish you well. So look forward to seeing this title released.

2 Likes

I enjoy reading those Devlogs. I am really excited about this game and can’t wait to be part of the testing team. Great work @Fredrik and @Olof .

4 Likes

Well this DevLog was amazing, looks like we will have release in a maybe 2 weeks, keep up magnificent work guys.

3 Likes

Keep it up! It seems like September will indeed be the month we are all waiting for. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rip… Still no release date. Will you guys be offering free therapy sessions?

10 Likes

They must be causing huge stress, those bills will be racking up. Maybe some free ‘therapy’ sessions with devs, :wink:

Creep…jk

Their conversacion perfectly reflects our current situation with ACEO :wink:.

6 Likes

Haha close enough. The rumors and time waiting. Brilliant thought.

2 Likes

fingers crossed all going smoothly with the baggage system tutorial!
I do wonder in the future if the baggage network could be made simpler. Was rewatching the gameplay video and the design of it does seem a bit odd. it’s quite messy to put more than one baggage loading area, and to connect everything up. I wonder if its possible (or a future solution) to separate baggage loading and unloading into two different stations? Might make designing much easier as you can have lots of bag loading stations coming of a single line of baggage belts. Think its the system I’m least convinced by at the moment in terms of playability but maybe will be proved wrong when we get hold of the game :slight_smile:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Let’s come up with Airline names… AND-

cant wait for tonights dev log

Oh mate, be patient. I just saw this jump to the first place in the “lartest” section and immediately
clicked it assuming it was the new devlog :laughing::laughing:

1 Like

says the one who jumped the gun lol

1 Like