Dev Blog 150: Stabilizing Alpha 35, Alpha 36 and beyond!

Hmmm speaking of the zone’s colors, that makes me wonder. Is it possible to have a text on rooms, similar to how Prison Architect does it?

1 Like

ITS MONDAY!!! I don’t think I have ever been so excited about a Monday then today! :smiley:

The version coming to the default branch isn’t much different than the on you can already play on experimental. Otherwise it would be untested. :wink:

1 Like

Well, at least there won’t be as much bug infestations into my airports! :wink:

Hopefully, but who knows.

1 Like

Not really. You can have two separate baggage bays sharing belts at some points. The tilt-tray acts as a sorter and will reroute the bags correctly (if set to “to destination”).

We are at the moment working on a multi selection implementation for certain objects. Planned to be released with A36. It’s gonna be very useful for these types of operations.

9 Likes

Will these implementation also apply for stands? Currently stands are the most difficult object to bulldoze.

1 Like

That sounds amazing… Now I have to plan what I should do with all the extra time we will get then. :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

No. I think you got me wrong. I was asking what need there is for baggage check-ins to be connected to baggage bays. since all check-ins can be connected to all baggage bays using belts and tilt-trays, isn’t it kind of redundant to manually connect check-ins to baggage bays again?

3 Likes

The thing is that all check-in desks can be connected to all baggage bays, but that’s not a requirement. Therefore we need a way for the system to validate the paths between them. The system then validates in regards to flights, stands and job tasks so the baggage can be loaded to its flight. Might be a way to do it without, but nothing we will change, I’d say. With the upcoming multi-selection it wont’ be that time consuming

1 Like

Bags have to travel to specific stands or baggage claim areas. That’s why stands, baggage claim and checkin must be connected to a specific baggage bay

3 Likes

Will that include transit structures? Bus/taxi/car stops? Please say yes

Are you stating that it is possible to connect one check-in counter to multiple baggage bays?

2 Likes

We’ll see! Will discuss this further in the A36 thread when it is up :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No sorry, what I meant they can be in the same “web” of belts (two checkin desks going to two different bays sharing a belt for part of the way). The system can’t therefore know what bay the baggage should end up in based on the belt route, thus the manual assignment.

2 Likes

Omg yes, I so need that

1 Like

Okay. I understand.

Untitled

This is simplified setup of the baggage check-in system at my airport. I have manually assigned check-in desks to baggage bays as shown. My doubt is if only S1 and S2 are occupied by aircraft and the other stands are vacant, then passengers can only check-in using desk C1 because of the manual assignment. Passengers won’t be able to check-in using desks C2 or C3 even if they’re free as they are not connected to the bays that serve S1 and S2. And because of this I get notifications that say there are not enough check-ins. Now you might ask me to build more check-ins, but isn’t it better to get passengers to use the unused check-ins rather than build new ones?

So, to summarize, is it possible to remove the manual assignment so that passengers can use any free check-in desk?

1 Like

For your setup that might work, operationally. For other setups, maybe that’s impossible or unwanted. There are so many parts in motion (passengers, flights, service cars, job tasks) in these systems that the way we do it today, probably is the best in the end. Also, this way you can have complete design control of any baggage network.

3 Likes

For that, we need that A350 mdk… Please :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing game as well as Dev blog! Really enjoying the game so far! :smiley:

3 Likes