Dev Blog 146: Restaurants and airline lounges

Maby have a counter were people come to get their food

1 Like

-Look at this game I’m playing, it’s called Airport CEO. You are in charge of an airport and have to build terminal buildings, runways, taxiways, stands, offer many different turnaround services as refueling, cleaning, catering, deicing, etc.
-I don’t like it.
-Why?
-There is no waiters.

🤦🤦🤦

11 Likes

Are elevators going to be implemented? I saw it on the Trello board a while ago and it doesn’t appear anymore on any of the boards.

Olof is typing

5 Likes

24 minutes later

Olof is still typing :rofl:

5 Likes

I hope it will! And that final piece is actually the most important one in the office, we can’t really do a tour without it so… :wink:

Yes, international passengers will immediately after security clearance go to a passport checkpoint while domestic travelers will not. So if you build a terminal with only international zone after security clearance then the expected behavior should be as you describe.

Maybe, not right now though. Got enough changes going in already.

Agreed, while I also agree that it would be cool to have such fluid mechanics this is the point where we need to remind ourselves that this is a tycoon game and not a simulator. I don’t see the time required to implement this adds up to justify the value of that implementation.

I can’t comment on this in detail because we have not decided on the path forward but we hope to reinvent the relationship between airline contracts and the airport moving forward, in both regards to ratings and hub status and such.

Agreed. That will hopefully after both internal and experimental testing not happen anymore! :slight_smile:

Yes and yes.

No, airline alliances like SkyTeam and such are a bit beyond this game in my opinion. I’d rather opt for non-airline lounges instead as hosted by the airport.

No, does not seems like that’s very common.

No, we’ll probably stick to two types of passengers at this point.

I don’t have time to go into it too much but this is how it’s always been. They prioritize bladder, then hunger, then energy and lastly fun (shopping). If they can’t relieve themselves they will try to eat or rest. If they are relieved, fed and re-energized they then might go and shop. Passenger AI is likely to go through many more iterations so I’d rather to a deep dive later during beta once we know how smart they eventually will be.

For someone who does not have insight into the code base such is how it may seem but there’s a reason you don’t see many games like this developed by a small indie team. Most things we do are very difficult and we need to weigh everything we do a lot before we decide to move on a feature.

I’m not sure if we’ve ever promised an in-depth waiting system as part of the restaurants but as you know, this is an early access project and we need to shuffle around features a lot as work progresses in order to not get crushed by development time. As @PCR13 hilariously put it I have to agree, I don’t think we can justify putting a week’s development into waiters for restaurants when this game is called Airport CEO. If we end up with multiple votes in the feature category for such a feature and we have development time to spare, sure, but right now we need to think about the whole game and systems involved and we’ve got a lot of things left to do that focuses on more important features related to, for example, emergencies which I think most player think is more important than waiters.

Elevators will come in Alpha 35.

After dev blogs these posts are probably the more time consuming events of my week… :joy:

13 Likes

No, airline alliances like SkyTeam and such are a bit beyond this game in my opinion. I’d rather opt for non-airline lounges instead as hosted by the airport.

I think Lounge modding would be the best option for this in future.

3 Likes

I guess the million dollar question right now is… do we have a time frame of knowing when Alpha 35 will drop to experimental for us to try??? Even an estimate?!

We can’t wait any longer!!

1 Like

We can’t wait any longer!!

This community had waited first release of game months after initial gameplay videos. At that time, people begged developers to become early alpha access testers.

So don’t worry, I am sure people can wait a beautiful product and they prefer this rather than a rushed and bugged patch :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah. Just add lounge contracts. So we can do stuff like Star Alliance, Aspire,… by ourself. And you can do some fictional default contracts.
And airlines can be assigned to those.

There are smaller airports just providing their own one and only business lounge to all airlines. (like the VIP lounge in Bilbao)

1. Build lounge
  2. Select lounge operator
  3. Assign airlines to available operators

Otherwise I build a lounge for Emirates for example but I have only scheduled 1 flight per day.

By the way @Olof
If there is only one lounge for example Maple in the international area. Will pax for non international flights ignore it?

1 Like

Elevators are coming! :heart_eyes: thank you @Olof

1 Like

If there is only one lounge for example Maple in the international area. Will pax for non international flights ignore it?

Non international passengers won’t even find a path to that lounge in international zone so they basically ignore it.

2 Likes

As EG says, we’ve learnt from the past and do not hand out estimates anymore! :wink:

International zones are their own areas just like secure zones are their own areas.

6 Likes

Any new planes coming?

2 Likes

Is the new devlog coming today?

Is the new devlog coming today?

Please follow the status of devblog via; The Dev Blog status updates

Devblogs are released around night times for European time zones and morning times for USA time zones. If devblog is not released at that times, there is 99% an announcement on the topic above

3 Likes

Please stop asking for the devblog. Every other week we have the same useless discussion here. In my opinion it creates unnecessary pressure on the devs. :roll_eyes: Being patient is the best way to help the devs to do their work quickly.

9 Likes

You’re absolutely right and I agree with you, in fact I already said that many times before, but when will it be ready? :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, we are working on a few new aircraft! Some announcements in the next dev blog perhaps…

10 Likes