Dev Blog 145: Passport checkpoints and immigration, self check-in, segregating departure and arrival and more!

How long til Dev Blog 146 being released @Olof??

2 Likes

A dev blog is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when they mean it to do

13 Likes

A dev blog is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when they mean it to do

I love that

Nice Blog! Just wondering when passport control / self check-in will be available in experimental branch?

1 Like

Developers are developing them right now. You can follow the progress via trello page. Developers will announce the release when it is ready to go;

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Airport CEO Alpha 34 Released (The R&D Update)

Very exciting developments! Great work on everything, looking forward to the update.

1 Like

Will there be an option to have passport control for international arrivals only? Will there be an option to have gates that can handle both international and domestic flights? In the United States International and Domestic departing passengers depart in the domestic zone and the international gates can handle both international and domestic flights.

Yes and No
1st all passengers enter the domestic zone sfter security check
2nd those who have an international flight will proceed to passport control and stay in the international security zone

A gate is either domestic or international. Not both.

1 Like

Well that is not entirely true. Just imagine a stand being connected to a boarding desk both on 1st floor and on 2nd floor. The higher one can be reached via stairs. If 2nd floor handles international flights and 1st floor domestic, one stand could technically handle international and domestic flights at the same time. There are many examples in reality, for instance Frankfurt gates A/Z. However, this would definitely require some sort of one-way doors and the game must be capable to direct the pax flow accordingly. I thought about that a couple of times already, just not sure if it’s worth the programming effort.

I mean only the setup in ACEO, not in RL where this is possible as you say. There were many discussions about the setup and it will be kept simple. So there is no combinated gate in ACEO.

1 Like

There was even an idea / feature voting some time ago to have this in ACEO:
https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/multifunction-gates-swing-gates/743

1 Like

Checked in with @Alexander for you.

Walkalators can’t be used outside (they don’t like rain and snow) but you can build a terminal corridor on your parking area so the walkalator can still get people to the actual terminal faster :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Alexander is typing.

2 Likes

As @Jettuh said, probably going to keep it as an inside asset, makes more sense to me at least! But nothing is set in stone, as always :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

thank you very much for your answers, both of you

3 Likes

How about making a version for outside use, walkalator with glass ceiling/roof! Would look awesome :+1::smile:

1 Like

Or just place foundation, remove all of the walls and you have outdoor walkalator. It will have a roof that will show when you switch to the next floor up.

2 Likes

I’m not against this, but just for curiosity, do you have any examples of this in real life?

There’s a picture of the first one “The Great Wharf”, it looks to me as if it was outside with a roof.