Dev Blog 140: Alpha 33 and The Big Bird Update released! ... and the pillars of Alpha 34

Please devs rework the world map cause the current world map is very innacurate

According to the trello board, “Overhauled world map system” is already “awaiting development.”

Sorry, I won’t go into anymore specific details of Alpha 34 just yet as we’ve still to set the final features in stone. Even after that we might change and move things around, but we’re keeping to the big features as of right now! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

A new airport rating system that gets impacted and has an impact

I’d really love that. Everything should have a cause and an impact.

But:

Please not until there is a decent way to deal with irregularities. If there’s a delay, it is necessary to e.g. change the gate when the plane is still taxiing. Otherwise, we will get downrated for things (like bugs) that are out of our control. That would ruin it…

3 Likes

Yes, I agree and that is also a reason as to why we’ve held off on it for so long. Alpha 34 will likely have a longer soak time on the experimental branch because of this as we need to adjust a lot of values over time. The initial rating thresholds will be set very, very low and will then be scaled up. As we perform the testing I believe we will detect and sort out many strange behaviors and find areas where we need to highlight information to players a lot better.

9 Likes

I got planes even from Pjongjang to Europe… that was unexpected.

4 Likes