Dev Blog 139: Experimental testing of Alpha 33 and... what then?

A little late as per usual but for good reason… :wink:

17 Likes

In the picture I see a doubled one way road with drop offs on both sides. Am I missing something in the curent Alpha?

Finally! A dev blog!

Wonderful! I wonder how the new procurement system is going to look like…

Yes, create the one way road, and place the stop (bus, taxi, car). On the ones on the ‘wrong’ side of the road click each stand and change the direction slider. You’ll see the arrow on the road change.

4 Likes

Oh cool, I didn’t know that was possible. Thanks. :+1:

2 Likes

Awwww what a great picture :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Thanks for the devblog guys! Really looking forward to Alpha 34! Excited to see in what alternate reality the PAX and staff are actually in. And above all…

Where the old procurement system is since long gone and replaced by a more realistic, more in-depth, more simulated, more interesting way of accessing objects in the game over time. Where you have executive power and can make concentrated, strategic decisions that boost your airport and have an impact in the long run. Where things matter, where you cannot anymore just let baggage pass through without any consequences, where GA pilots and airlines won’t care about your insane infrastructure and consumable pricing, where passengers become upset with your ridiculous bathroom pricing. And of course, much more.

:scream_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :smiley_cat:

Have a nice weekend all!

3 Likes

Alpha 33 is fun (more planes!) but A34 really seems like it’ll be where the game reaches maturity (or perhaps adolescence?). Where building a GOOD airport matters more than just avoiding delays. Can’t wait! Cheers!

3 Likes

so excited for the future of ACEO! Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Sounds really amazing and can’t wait for the next big update!

1 Like

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

Do we get a new contract system? It’s too easy getting flight contracts. As a good ceo you have to negotiate the contracts. You can win or loose. You can renegotiate or the airline cancel the negotiation and you get no deal. Please make it more realistic :):grinning: so far: very good work!!

2 Likes

Definitely need a contract system overhaul not enough food and shop contracts available, you should be able to sign for the same restaurant/shop multiple times.

1 Like

finaly, the dev blog, keep up the good work! :+1: :smiley:

2 Likes

@Olof will we be able to manually add overnight (those that arrive before midnight but the leave after midnight) flights as part of Alpha 34?

Currently I only seem to be able to have flights at those times by using the auto-scheduler. Not being able to do it manually really annoys me (I prefer to schedule flights manually rather than using the auto-scheduler but at the moment I haven’t got as many options by doing it manually).

2 Likes

I like your idea; I suppose it’s more realistic and competitive within airport operators and airlines.

I would like this too. And addionally to this I would like the option to extend the turnaround time of a flight.

An an option to turn off night flights if unlocked

1 Like

I know that you can do that my point is about scheduling flights that arrive before midnight but leave after midnight. You can’t do that manually which I find annoying.