Current bug status in the game?

I send a bug report out of the game on Jan-06, the number is MERC-901

Meanwhile I’ve found out something else: if I start AirportCEO and then load a savegame, this phenomenon doesn’t occur.
It only occurs when I reload a savegame from an ongoing game and the game speed is set to ‘pause’.

(I call it now a ‘phenomenon’ :wink:. It’s not really a bug, as we now know thanks to @humoresque, the value becomes correct as soon as I set the game speed to 1)

2 Likes

Those ingame reloads cause weird effects since years. When one isdue gets fixed something new comes up. :confused:

What exactly does this mean? Could you expand a bit? :smiley:

The reload-procedure seems to work different than the load from the main menu.
I remember old bugs (solved ones) where for example a reload for example ignored all modded airlines. :wink:

Allright, I understand, though there should be no difference between reloading from in-game and reloading from the menu as we basically execute the exact same loop of flushing the scene and then just simply run through all the .json files… :thinking:

I swear workshop mods are not re downloaded or whatever when you do an in game reload, but are when you go out to the main menu… Maybe I’m not remembering correctly.

Have you changed the required times for individual activities in the turnaround of an aircraft?
At the moment I have a very small, simple airport with 4 small commercial stands. No baggage handling, no refueling.
The passengers check-in on time and are completely in the security area on time. But apparently boarding has become so slow that EVERY Saab with >30 PAX is delayed because boarding takes too long.

I never had this problem before.

Do your staff get there on time? (IE do you have a staff room nearby). Do you have enough staff?

@humoresque : Yes to all

I think, the problem is this:

1,5h before departing the passengers are waiting near the gate and the services by the ramp agents are completely done.
1h before departing the staff mans the boarding counter:

20-25 minutes happened - nothing!!!
~35-40 minutes before departing boarding starts.
In these minutes until departing time can only 20 passengers be boarded:

20 passengers in 35-40 minutes → 1 PAX in 2 minutes!
With a not fully occupied Saab-340 you get 30 minutes delay until getting offblocked:

Do you have enough passenger service agents?

Yes, more than enough.

This is the situation:

Short ways for the staff, enough staff, the skills of all staff members are dark-green:

Forum-07

The situation 1 hour before offblocking is fine:

And this is the result. Every flight with more than 20 passengers get delay because of slow boarding:

Edit:
I’ve started an old savegame from May 2021. There is the same problem now. At maximum 20 passengers in the time slot for boarding.
I’m sure that this issue didn’t exist in May 2021, I certainly wouldn’t have continued playing and reported it here in the forum

Not really a bug. Boarding takes time. It’s much faster if you get 2 or 3 automated boarding desks per gate.

For me it’s a bug because

• In previous versions there was no problem handling flights with >20 PAX on-time
  • it is completely unrealistic that a Saab 340 with 25 passengers and only the inspection service cannot be turned around in 3 hours with sufficient staff
  • on the 2nd or 3rd (e.g.) game day you can not have explored the automated boarding desks yet, as well as the medium-sized boarding desks

Except you can. It’s a sandbox-ish game. You can research at whatever pace you want.

Try getting more passenger service agents. Also try having more regular boarding desks at a gate.

I can easy turn around a S340 with one boarding desk. 25 pax are nothing. Small planes leave mostly far before their actual departure time. :confused:

Does the boarding start on-time and the agent is at the desk? And when it starts, are all passengers at the gate and not somewhere completely else in the terminal?

If you want, drop your save to the Steam Workshop and post the link here.

What you might try is to combine the staff rooms and put the staff security desk in the airside wall of the staffroom. Stops a staff from groundside taking a job while the staff in the airside sits on their backside.

Thanks a lot for your support!

[quote=“andyc, post:31, topic:21207”]
Does the boarding start on-time and the agent is at the desk?
[/quote]Yes. 01:10h before departing the staff member is at the boarding desk. At this time the passengers are completely in the security area near the gate (my airport is small, there couldn’t be long ways). 00:43h before departing the passengers run to the desk, 00:40h before departing the boarding starts.
But, like I said: only 1 PAX per 2 minutes passes the boarding desk. So you can count the delay (see the screenprints in #24 and #26): every PAX >20 cause 2 minutes delay

[quote=“andyc, post:31, topic:21207”]
drop your save to the Steam Workshop
[/quote]How can I do that? I don’t find an update link or somethig like that

@brucesim2003 : I don’t have a staff problem. The desk is always occupied on time.

Go into the load save page in the main menu, then click on the steam icon.

Sometimes life could be so easy… :wink: Thank you!

Here is the link: Steam Workshop::MIA-06-Forum-01

Thanks in advance!

1 Like