[Bug] copying baggage claim => baggage elevator connects to wrong floor

Hello,

when copying a baggage claim area including a baggage elevator, the elevator connects to the wrong floor. In my case, the baggage area was on the ground floor, and the elevator connected to the floor -1. The copy of the baggage area connected the elevator to floor +1.

Regards

Hi,
Can you file a bug report and write the number here please? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello humoresque,

the bug report number is ACEO-42061.

Regards

1 Like

@humoresque
Just wanted to ask if you were able to reproduce the bug report :slight_smile:

Regards

1 Like

Hi, I am not part of the game dev team so I don’t have access to it… The only reason I put that there is because I know the devs need it. :slight_smile:

But, I can try to reproduce it on my own

Ah, sorry :smiley:

Oh, okay. I thought the description itself is enough.

That would be nice, just as a verification of what I’ve observed.

Thank you.

Regards

1 Like

We unfortunately could not reproduce this bug given the data in that report. Could perhaps explain in more detail here how exactly we can reproduce it?

Same thing happened to me. I copied a baggage claim with a down elevator and when i pasted 4 new ones it had an elevator that went up a level instead of down a level.

Can you drop us a bug report with the screenshot of a baggage setup that we can copy and paste? Am still not able to reproduce this bug… :thinking:

@Olof:
I hope it’s okay when posting the screenshot here. #2 is going upwards, but it is a copy of #1, which goes downwards. On the screenshot, #2 looks at least rotated, but it’s 1:1 copy without rotation (by me).
Did you try it with normal elevator or the speedy one? If I remember correctly, my baggage system is high-speed.

Allright, @Alexander will have the privilege of checking this on Monday… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay :joy: Have a nice weekend.

Regards

1 Like

Technically it copies correct. There are only two types of conveyor floor transitions.

Current Floor → UP-> Upper Floor
Current Floor → DOWN → Lower Floor

When you copy now a baggage conveyor transition, you would need new object types.

Lower Floor → UP → Current Floor
Upper Floor → DOWN → Current Floor

poor pax trying to grab their luggage at high speed :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello @Alexander
I just wanted to ask if you were able to reproduce the issue or need any further informations about it.

Regards

Hmmm… I’m not sure if new object types are neccessary. I think it might work if the existing object types are handled special, like placing them above/below the current floor and checking if they’re blocked on those floors.

Regards

Hello @Olof ,

just wanted to ask if you were able to reproduce it.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.