Benefit Having a Generic Cargo Scanner and a Scan Station

Prior to reaching my Cargo Bay, my baggage goes through a Generic Scanner and a Scan Station. I see baggage go from the Scanner to the Cargo Destroyer, but not from the Scan Station. I’m thinking, the Scanner and Station are redundant.

Oddly, I never unlocked the Scan Station; it’s not in my Procurement list. A freebie??

Or, am I misusing the Scan Sation? Should it be at the Security Checkin?

Your thoughts, please.

Sidebar: other than for visual aesthetics, is there any utility to either? For now, I see none. Does it contribute to Airlines Satisfaction? Passenger Satisfaction?

First of all according to devs, baggage system will be improved in future. Secondly the problem is that your system is a little wrong. The thing is baggage scanners work as “elimination” method. This is the correct method with the highest efficiency:

http://forum.apoglabs.com/uploads/db1788/original/2X/b/b63aef1bc0d5b64abf3492f978d39d63210ff3be.jpg

Sidebar: other than for visual aesthetics, is there any utility to either? For now, I see none. Does it contribute to Airlines Satisfaction? Passenger Satisfaction?

Baggage system is one of requirements for high level star flights. That’s it for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answer and especially that image.

2 Likes

I suspect there will later on be performance ratings associated with your standard or security, and I assume the use of scanners etc. Would contribute to that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you should connect the negative output (red arrow) of the Generic Scanner to the input of the Scan Station, because the Generic Scan sometime have a false positive detection of an item, so it need more detailed scan by the security at the Scan Station, and the negative result of it will go to Cargo Destroyer. You can connect the positive output of the Generic Scanner right to the Cargo Bay, it not necessary to have an item scanned again after it pass the Generic Scanner.

Example : A bag contain money that scanned by the Generic Scanner have a negative result but the result will be positive after it scanned by the Scan Station. You don’t want your passenger to lose their money that they kept at their bag don’t you :wink:

1 Like

The revised setup. Thanks EG0611

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.