Baggage bug (possibly)

I keep getting occasional warnings that baggage has been sent to the wrong bay.

Considering that all of my check-in desk conveyor belts ultimately merge into one and every tilt tray is set to destination, this should be possible.

There’s either a (new?) bug involving the baggage system or there are occasional random false notifications of a problem.

1 Like

Can you provide a picture of your baggage network

1 Like

Incoming green arrows show belts coming from check-in.
Outgoing green arrows show belts attached directly to a baggage bay
Areas in green are underneath a set of scanners (that doesn’t let dangerous bags through)
Red arrow shows belt that goes towards the next picture

Incoming green arrow shows belt coming from previous picture.
Outgoing green arrows show belts attached directly to a baggage bay
Areas in green are underneath a set of scanners (that doesn’t let dangerous bags through)

1 Like

That top screen shot kinda reminds me of Pac Man :joy:

2 Likes

Have you checked:

1. That tilt trays are going in the right direction when needed? (e.g. left, right, straight on)
  2. That check-in desks are connected to the security scanning stations?
  3. That the security scanning stations are connected to the baggage bays?
  4. That there is a possible route for bags to take from their check-in desks to security scanning stations to their baggage bays?
  5. That baggage belts are going in the right direction?

hopefully that is able to help you

1 Like
  1. They’re all set as 'To destination;
  2. Check-in desks aren’t showing any error messages (nor is anything else at my airport other than the occasional notification about misdirected baggage)
    3,4 and 5. Yes otherwise most/all bags wouldn’t reach the correct baggage bay (if accurate, the number of notifications account for about every 600th bag)

Must be a bug. If tilt trays are all set to Destination, the bag should not go to the wrong baggage bay.

You can mix outgoing and incoming baggage using tilt trays with set to destination. This really simplifies your baggage layout as you don’t need to pass under or over a belt, you can join the belt instead, then use a tilt trays to move move bags to where you want them.

Okay, I think that the tilt trays need to be set a direction, right click on a tilt tray and set it to the correct direction, e.g. set it to left if bags need to go left etc.
If this doesn’t work then it must be a bug

Needs to be set to destination not as a direction. That’s only for splitting bags in an alternating way to halve the amount going on a given belt (eg. for security scanners)

Despite the notifications I still have a perfect rating for baggage reaching departing aircraft so at this point it’s probably is correct to assume that it’s a bug.

Just submitted a report about this (ACEO-28713)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.