Atmosfar revealed!

Uncover the fate of humanity’s final outpost as you survive and explore a thrilling world of floating islands and soaring beasts. Brave the skies on your own or assemble a squadron of your friends as you scavenge scrap to engineer and upgrade flying vessels while bringing your airbase along for the journey.

Today we’re extremely excited to finally be revealing Atmosfar, the next Apog Labs title and a dream and vision of ours for roughly the past year and a half. Atmosfar is a sky-high odyssey set on an alien planet of floating islands explored by flying crafts and a mobile airbase as you uncover the fate of your collapsed colony.

First, head over to the Atmosfar website to orient yourself. Secondly, if you haven’t check out the trailer yet, you should do so immediately here:

We’re currently in the process of launching all platforms where you’ll be able to follow the development progress and it might take some time to get everything up and running; please bear with us and keep the blue side up!

// Apog Labs

10 Likes

Woot!!! A real pleasure to see in-game footage as well :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m quite excited for this!

2 Likes

Looks exciting! Can’t wait to follow the development progress!

2 Likes

Always fun playing something new. Looking forward to the new title. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Wish you guys all the best and a lot of success with this one!

2 Likes

I knew something was up when the color of the ACEO topic changed yesterday… Just didn’t expect this much! Looking forward to getting my hands on it! :smile:

[some content removed]

2 Likes

I’m in light mode and it works for me???

1 Like

Whoops, so seems like it is actually a problem with the browser I was using, it wasn’t changing the light/dark mode for some reason. It works for me on my normal setup. Sorry! (I removed the incorrect information)

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind feedback as usual! We know that this is a very strange direction compared to ACEO and we were a bit worried of how our OG forum members would think of that. While we may not really tap into the tycoon genre here we really want ATMOS to be a systems driven game centered around the flying crafts such as the Wasp and the Cloud Cruiser. We’ll have time to dig deeper into this in an upcoming dev blog, but perhaps the avgeeks around here could find some solace in the aviation aspect of the game, although it is not realistic we have already fetched a lot of inspiration from the aviation world in general when putting this initial prototype together.

Haha yeah, the ACEO category color was a bit close to the ATMOS one…

5 Likes

Bug reports flying in 3…2…1… at my work I had 600 last year, in Anno 1800 about 100, plus some random software ones (PLEX, youtube, chrome). I am trained now.

2 Likes

And now for something completely different, or not quite? :smiley_cat:

That is looking good guys! Great graphics and a brand new 3D world! Excited to have a look at this new game! According to Steam only for Windows though… :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

@Puma

the website tells other plans

I expect that it won’t be just Windows

2 Likes

Tnx @andyc, that looks promising, but PS5 is still hard to get, Xbox is Mickeysoft, same as Windows, so looking forward if it will become available on Mac… :smile_cat: Always open to test (as the devs know :smiley_cat:)

2 Likes

Yes I was hoping for Mac too.

1 Like

I mean I guess you never know but at this point I have a hard time seeing a graphically intense game running well on a mac… despite the strides they’ve made the past few years. Perhaps it’ll be reasonable once Atmosfar closes in on a potential release! :wink:

3 Likes

Tnx! Good to keep hope on that one :slightly_smiling_face: The new ‘M’ systems show good benchmarks, but agree Mac has not been shining on that point in the past 5 - 10 years. Can you lift a small tip already on the engine you will be using for ATMOSFAR?

1 Like

It’s the Unreal 5 engine.

2 Likes