ATC Tower on airport roof

Hello everyone, I came up with a new idea for Airport CEO. And that is: being able to place the ATC tower on the roof. Alot of airports have this and it can be used to save some room for other stuff. On the floor below the tower you can place a spiral stair or a elevator (Soon™)

Picture:
Taken at Rotterdam The Hague Airport
0925_OG74083-400x300

7 Likes

Well, you can sorta do this by placing the ATC within the confines of the terminal.

Cool!

Nice idea, but isn’t that more for smaller airports like Rotterdam airport? Can imagine that for bigger airports the structure is too big to be on top of the terminal building, interesting concept that I have never seen it before. Building wise in ACEO it’s +1 for me :wink:

Manchester has 2 towers one is on top of the terminal not sure if they use it but I really like the idea maybe it could be a small tower only

Some towers that are on top of terminal building at some airports (which have more than one tower present) may have just a specific function of the ATC, like ground.

Dusseldorf also had a tower on top of the building in the old days, as did Frankfurt. It was actually quite normal until ten to fifteen years ago in Europe.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.