Are planes to slow?

I’ve been noticing that it takes an extremely long time for aircraft to taxi. It look nearly an hour after a plane landing to make it to the gate. The plane had to taxi from the bottom of the map to the top about half way east and west.

Can you provide a picture of the taxiway path?

This is very close to the path it took, for some reason it does a little u-turn.

1 Like

I have a similar problem. My airport has 3 runways and an extensive network of taxiways. Taxi speed conflict speed in the game. Developers need to consider the speed of time in the game, example 1:1 1x2 1x4 1x8
Or set taxi speed limit: main taxiway = 70 km/h, apron taxiways = 40 km/h, pushback - not more 15 km/h.
I think that the chaos in the airport apron is due to the fact that aircraft nave allocate at fixed stand/gate. In real life, after the plane landed, the ATC direct aircraft with suitable parking area (gate/stand according to size).

I’m a big believer that the time scale needs looked into. 3 seconds per minute is too fast. Under no circumstances should it take 3 or 4 hours to turnaround a 737-800. It also takes people too long to cross the terminal and planes to taxi. Increasing the animations speed slightly would help, but slowing the time will have a greater impact.

Most pathfinding issues I have could be solved by 1 way traffic indicators on taxiways.

1 Like

The U-turn is because you don’t have a runway ahead mark on the bottom of runway 36R. Solving that might reduce the taxi times a bit.

Actually there are 2 problems.

1. Airplanes wait each other even there is a clean taxiway path
  2. Airplane taxi, takeoff and landing speeds are not 100% realistic related to the in game time. Airplanes move 3x slower than how they should move IRL. Take a look:

My solution suggestion is: Slowing down game time at least x2 of current setup and make taxiway pathfinding more smart.

my planes will just go across the map on the grass not even use the taxi ways nor the nodes. I have the medium stands and small stands split i ran out of money so i wasn’t able to connect the two via taxi between the runways so they decided to just run through the terminal and grass and freeze up the game. so i pause save reload and it fixes it than that car depot bug came about messed everything up for me than. lol so haven’t had any time to put time into the forum or game to see if the bug fix resolves the plans going across my screen as well.

Did you consider a loan?

my planes will just go across the map on the grass not even use the taxi ways nor the nodes. I have the medium stands and small stands split i ran out of money so i wasn’t able to connect the two via taxi between the runways so they decided to just run through the terminal and grass and freeze up the game.

That’s a design issue. You have to connect every stand with every runway. Otherwise airplanes glide through map.

User error. That’s what i figured after building thinking about it and thinking back to my 22.0- airports.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.