Andy's weird mega airports

Thanks a lot!

Really cool design! I may steal some ideas for my own build :wink:

1 Like

Next on the showcase is the international terminal F.
An almost floating terminal with departures on first floor and arrivals on 2nd floor.
Also providing lots of remote bus gates either for a large or two medium stands.

And a large remote area.

And on the far end are emergency stands (one not finished) and hangars. Those stands are too far away for departures.

Passenger separation in detail:

Next time: the Schengen terminal

5 Likes

Awesome builds as per usual! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

I’ve hit 10k pax and it runs still smoth. Soon I can test the full load.

The Schengen terminal
It’s the “oldest” terminal of the airport, using a classic wooden floor and a nice skybridge over the small aircraft taxiway.
Providing 9 remote and 22 jetbridge stands for multiple European airlines.

a closer look at the terminal:

Now I have to continue with the some small aircraft stands and of course all the check-in and baggage claim stuff which is not done yet.

3 Likes

Quick redesign of the right part.
The hangars have been moved away to make space for two additional medium remote stands and a new GA area.
And new small commercial stands have been added.

2 Likes

Still not finished… but time for a full picture

7 Likes

Another setup for passenger separation. Also in combination with remote bus stops.

In detail:

And a way to squeeze in more gates:

A regional terminal. Upper floor domestic, lower floor international.

2 Likes

Can you go over how you modified the map to 2000x2000. Whenever I do this, it forces airplanes to land only on 1 runway after a short period of game time. I think I’m looking for your “worldSize”:{“x”:1050.0,“y”:700.0,“z”:5.0}

Which operation mode do you use? Equal runway distribution or nearest runway?

This concept looks very interesting. I like it. :+1:

2 Likes

Looks so fucking sweet. Really sweet

My issue with making these is the amount of security / checkins I do-- I always underestimate how many gates I want. How do you build what you know you want while making it good? @andyc

It’s not my first attempt. For security I even have some unused space left.
At the moment I struggle with baggage bays. I am not sure if that airport will be able for a baggage system as this will be an absolute traffic mess.

I am also hitting almost 400 daily flights. Now I had to reduce the pax/flight ratio. :smiley:

For security, I use another floor to increase the capacity. The idea was taken from ZRH where security actually is splitted across 3 floors.

1 Like