Airport CEO page on steam has inconsistencies

If you look down in the system requirements for Airport CEO on its steam page(http://store.steampowered.com/app/673610/Airport_CEO/) it sais that you need a processor of minimum “Intel: Core2 Duo 2.4 GHZ | AMD: 3 GHZ” and recommended “Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz | AMD: 3 GHZ (or higher)”. Firstly, its spelled “GHz”, as spelled on the third spec, not “GHZ”. Secondly, their are some inconsistencies in processors, first spec is sais “Intel: Core2 Duo 2.4 GHZ” while on the second intel it sais “Intel Core i7 2.6 GHz” without the colon. Also, it should be “Core 2 Duo” instead of “Core2 Duo”.

I know I’m really making a case out of something that really doesn’t even matter but i just thought it would look nicer if it had the correct specs. Correct me and/or fill in if their are some other things on the steam page that are less than pleasureable.

Fly high, Dreamplay

1 Like

Really dose not matter at this stage

2 Likes

I know, but I still think that it would be good to fix it as it would make the page more uniform for when more people come in that just thinks of Airport CEO as a game and not as the best thing in the world.

1 Like

Yup those do need to be fixed. I’m not sure if your first language is English or not but there is a few spelling errors in your post above which is quite ironic, found that slightly amusing. Though those do need to be fixed (Steam) to maintain the most professional outlook on Airport CEO.

Though I have noticed an error or two.

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
Our overall ambition is to create one of the best airport tycoon game of all time with a good mix of realism and fun gameplay. The full version of Airport CEO will contain all elements that are essential to the operations of an airport from a passenger, tarmac operations and economy perspective. While we as of now we do not have a fixed list of features and additions, we do have a lot of own ideas and as well suggestions collected from the community all the way back since the announcement of Airport CEO. These include everything from more items to be built such as more types of seatings, utility objects such as electricity and water, decorations as well as upgrades such as underground tarmac fueling system, WiFi-stations, incidents, severe weather, more advanced passenger simulation, multi-story terminals, multi terminal airports and more. We have an abundance of ideas which we will capitalize on throughout the Early Access period.

"Seatings" is not a word. Saying seating would be correct. These include everything from more items to be built such as more types of seating. <— Works perfectly.

Tycoon pretty sure that should be capitalized, the first letter.

That is all I can personally find.

Kind regards
ModeratorBot

1 Like

Tycoon doesn’t need to be capitalized… (I think!)

Yeah, tycoon does not need to be capitalized. They are not saying a title just genre.

1 Like

Thank you for these notices! We’ll have a look at them and adjust them ASAP! :slight_smile:

Turns out it doesnt have to be capitalized, hmm very interesting I’m use to phrase "If it’s a name for something then it must be capitalized:… Very interesting though, English is complicated sometimes.

1 Like

Oh, it is a very complicated. Even as English as my first language and it is still hard and gets confusing.

1 Like

How Confusing is the English Language?

We’ll begin with a box, and the plural is boxes;
but the plural of ox became oxen not oxes.
One fowl is a goose, but two are called geese,
yet the plural of moose should never be meese.
You may find a lone mouse or a nest full of mice;
yet the plural of house is houses, not hice.
If the plural of man is always called men,
why shouldn’t the plural of pan be called pen?
If I spoke of my foot and show you my feet,
and I give you a boot, would a pair be called beet?
If one is a tooth and a whole set are teeth,
why shouldn’t the plural of booth be called beeth?
Then one may be that, and three would be those,
yet hat in the plural would never be hose,
and the plural of cat is cats, not cose.
We speak of a brother and also of brethren,
but though we say mother, we never say methren.
Then the masculine pronouns are he, his and him,
but imagine the feminine, she, shis and shim.

Some other reasons to be grateful if you grew up speaking English:

The bandage was wound around the wound.
The farm was used to produce produce.
The dump was so full that it had to refuse more refuse.
We must polish the Polish furniture.
He could lead if he would get the lead out.
The soldier decided to desert his dessert in the desert.
Since there is no time like the present, he thought it was time to present the present.
At the Army base, a bass was painted on the head of a bass drum.
When shot at, the dove dove into the bushes.
I did not object to the object.
The insurance was invalid for the invalid.
There was a row among the oarsmen about how to row.
They were too close to the door to close it.
The buck does funny things when the does are present.
A seamstress and a sewer fell down into a sewer line.
To help with planting, the farmer taught his sow to sow.
The wind was too strong to wind the sail.
After a number of Novocain injections, my jaw got number.
Upon seeing the tear in the painting I shed a tear.
I had to subject the subject to a series of tests.
How can I intimate this to my most intimate friend?
I spent last evening evening out a pile of dirt.

And if you want more after that:
http://www.i18nguy.com/chaos.html

And that is why English is confusing!

7 Likes

You should listen to this one :slight_smile:

It’s the pronounciation of what you link to

2 Likes

He says plaque, Terpsichore, wont, job and housewife incorrectly… What a fool he is!

And yes he explains housewife in the end but it’s still not how we pronounce it

Google translate doesn’t do too bad a job of the poem either :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, the poem was written a while ago, so i’m sure there are more words that have a different pronounciation now than in ye olden days

1 Like

You may have seen my withdrawn post…
I tried to paste the whole Chaos poem on here, and…
It was long.

Slight understatement…

2 Likes

We have made the corrections you recommended us, if you have any more we’re all ears! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Olof! Here are copyedits for better grammar and flow for the “What the developers have to say section”:

Why Early Access?
“Airports are complex megastructures that are difficult to simulate. We believe that there has never before been an attempt made at simulating an airport and its workflow at this level of detail; in order to balance that detail with playability, we need player input. We are therefore convinced that by allowing players to participate early on in the design process, the gameplay and mechanics of Airport CEO can be greatly enhanced and coexist with a detail-oriented simulated world.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
“Our overall ambition is to create one of the best airport tycoon games of all time with a good mix of realism and fun gameplay. The full version of Airport CEO will contain all elements that are essential to the operations of an airport from a passenger, tarmac operations and economy perspective. While we, as of now, do not have a fixed list of features and additions, we do have a lot of our own ideas and suggestions received from the community all the way back since the announcement of Airport CEO. These include everything from more items to be built, such as: more types of seating, utility objects such as electricity and water, decorations, upgrades such as underground tarmac fueling system, WiFi-stations, incidents, severe weather, more advanced passenger simulation, multi-story terminals, multi-terminal airports and more. We have an abundance of ideas which we will capitalize on throughout the Early Access period.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
“The current Early Access version of Airport CEO has the core airport simulation functionality in place as well as a lot of preparations for future content. Everything that was shown in the Early Access Release Trailer was captured in-game and gave a very quick glimpse at what has currently been implemented."

1 Like

This doesn’t fllow for me.
“We believe that never before an attempt has been made” sounds better imo

we do have a lot of our own ideas and

We do have a lot of ideas of our own and

1 Like

For the “Known Bugs & Missing Features” section:

As the game is released in an Early Access state, there will most certainly be bugs and glitches which we would appreciate if you could report to us. However, before you report a bug, please refer to the list of known errors and missing features: https://www.airportceo.com/known-bugs-missing-features/”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
“The price will be gradually rise as new content and features are implemented. The raise will be reasonable, reflecting the number of hours that has been put into adding new content and occur as the game transitions from alpha to beta and then from beta to full.”

How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
“As we have a long development road ahead, community involvement and support is critical for the success of Airport CEO. We have a long track record of working very closely with the community in order to align our development process with the expectations and anticipation of the players. This has been done through the establishment of several channels through which the development can be discussed in transparency. To this date, we have released a total of 76 development blog posts, almost every week, summarising each week’s development process.

Design Competitions
We have, as of now, held two very successful design competitions: an airline design contest where the task was to introduce a new airline complete with concept and liveries, as well as a business design contest with a similar concept. The outcome was four new implemented airlines and over 20 businesses; all of it created by the community! We plan to have new similar design competitions in the future to further increase community engagement and involvement.

Community Voting and Prioritization
We have held community based votes in order to help us decide which new aircraft models to implement next. This is a great and fun way to help us decide and prioritize suggestions as they normally create hefty, but friendly, discussions around which options should win. As this game is released on Early Access, we will launch a public feature system where players can vote on which features we should implement next.

1 Like

If you’re updating, this should be 81 now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ACEO:

We believe that there has never before been made an attempt

steward:

We believe that there has never before been an attempt made

pderuiter:

We believe that never before an attempt has been made

Actually, now that I think about it, “We believe that never before has an attempt been made” sounds best. :grinning:

2 Likes