Airport CEO or Parking Lot CEO?

haha. hey I’m all for it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A hotel rooms dlc would actually be very nice!
Where can I pay?

I can’t see any subway entrances - add one or two and you can severely reduce the other transit provision.

A terminal with 7 small stands - needs only one subway entrance, two bus stops, four taxi stands, 4 car drops and two car parks (one short term, one long-term).

You make money off of parking lots though. So it is profitable unlike other transit options, which aren’t

I found it a bit unrealistic for my small airport to have a subway stand. After I added more bus stops and taxi stops the parking lot usage got down.

In reality parking fee is largest source of income in regional airport in USA

Cars fill up my car parks before there is even a single commercial flight scheduled… That can’t be just a problem of having subway entrances or not, something is wrong with the logic behind it.

1 Like

Please bug report that save in which that happens and I’ll have a look at it! :slight_smile:

Hi @Olof. If you are referring to my comment, I already reported that a few days ago. Do you have that or do you want me to report it again?

I think, I had the nearly same issue before I got my first flight on my new airport. I wrote a bug report, the number is ACEO-43563 (from last saturday, I believe)

Parking CEO is awesome.

5 Likes

Parking does seem to be a bit out of control. In my current career save, I have 16 small GA stands, and Terminal 1 has 8 small commercial stands. For the terminal with 8 small stands, I have built 12 short-term parking lots, and 4 long-term parking lots. All the lots are filled.

I began building out Terminal 2, which has 8 medium commercial stands, but there are no commercial flights using this terminal. There’s no passengers yet in this terminal, either. I built another 12 short term lots, and another 4 long-term lots. They have all filled up simply from the passenger traffic of Terminal 1…8 small stands. Terminal 1 cannot get a 200 plus sale store/food location to hit sales goals, but needs parking equivalent of that needed for an 80,000 seat stadium? Seems a bit much. I do have at least 1 subway entrance in this save.

1 Like

Your screenshot is very small.

I can’t see exactly how much bus-, taxi- and carstops you have. Better said: I don’t recognize any :wink:
At first I had the problem too (see my post above), but now it’s going fine. I have builded more public stops and now the utilization of my parking spaces is realistic.

What you see is the landside area of an airport with 12 small commercial stands: 4 short term parking areas and a lot of bus-, taxi- and carstops near to the terminal doors. Like you see, I don’t need more parking lots:

Are the shops in the security area?
And: the longer the PAX have to walk from their parking lot to boarding, the less time they have for consumption
In my terminal are 3 cafés and 3 shops from 1 to 3 stars and the goal was hitted every day für every café/shop. The first one already at ~7:00. And I’m not an expert, my terminal is my first try, it isn’t all, but not well designed :smiley:

1 Like

Screenshot is small because it is 2 full map lots, and the only way I could get in the entire parking areas in a screenshot. For my Terminal 1 with only 8 small stands, I currently have 4 bus stops, 5 car stops, 1 taxi stop, and a subway station. Going to try removing 2 of the parking lots to add more bus stops and another subway station, but, the parking still seems excessive.

I am beginning to wonder if the passenger % slider in settings is over-adjusting parking. I have my pax % set to 90% right now.

I think it is important how far away a vehicle is from the terminal. As you can see in my screenshot, the parking lot further away is emptier than the one closer to the terminal.

I am on 100%. On average there are 500-600 pax in the terminal at the same time.

I don’t think it makes a difference, and my screenshot would tend to prove that. I know it is small, but, on the right hand side is Terminal 1, where I have 8 small stands. That terminal is open. It has workers, it is packed pretty solid with flights for each stand every day of the week.

Now look at the far left of my screenshot. That is terminal 2 and the parking I setup for terminal 2. Other than security guards right now, there are no employees in Terminal 2. There are no active flights in Terminal 2 because it is still under construction. But look at the parking lots. They are completely filled. This means pax from Terminal 1 will still go all the way to the Terminal 2 lots to park to get to their flights in Terminal 1. I even have the lots assigned to the different terminals. It doesn’t matter.

The last thing I might try is setting more lots to long-term parking. I have more short-term than long-term, by about 2 to 1, and I do notice that long-term lots tend to filled less often.

But it still seems like there is a game balance issue here.

Here the game imbalance is 100%. Let’s not take into account the last screenshot @jasperwillem , where he has 81 parking lots, completely filled. He has another screenshot, where 46 parking lots are completely empty, while the income from them is more than 100 thousand currency units. But what’s the point of wasting time on such a fix? It will not serve any purpose.

I submitted a bug report for this as well. Doing a further test, I started a new career, built a small runway, 2 GA stands, and 48 parking lots. 4 game days into the save, I’ve got 4 full lots, and the other 44 lots are half to 3/4 full. That’s an insane number of cars for just 2 GA stands. The number of cars parking is incredibly unbalanced compared to the number of GA stands and commercial stands. 1 parking lot should be plenty for like 4-6 GA stands, at least. The other issue I am seeing is, cars are not leaving…and maybe that is the whole problem. For a short-term parking, none of the cars leave the lot. Same thing if I set the lots to long-term parking. Originally, all lots were short-term, and parking fee was set to the max $20. I was making over $13,000 an hour, and there were still more cars coming in, probably a good 10-15 lots unfilled. On Day 5, I realized that, it would be much more profitable to switch to long-term lots, where I could raise the price all the way up to $400 an hour. My max from short-term parking before I switch was $228,000 a day. I switched all to long-term and my max profit per day was…$340,000, which means the profit calculations are also broken. If the price went from $20 to $400, then $228,000 a day should have turned into 4.5 million dollars a day.
@Olof Are any of these parking issue being looked at? I realize the game is probably winding down in terms of changes, but it seems like something has majorly broken parking lots in multiple areas.

1 Like

This will be fixed in -22 releasing on the experimental branch now! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.