Airport CEO Beta 8 released

Bug report 41658

And yes, lagg happens every day, every save

1 Like

I cannot reproduce this, but I recognize that it occurs on your end as per the video. Does a reinstall impact this in any way? Same would go for @parillos issue, does a reinstall solve the fuselage rendering issue? We did upgrade the LTS Unity version between beta 7 and beta 8 which included a few GPU related fixes, perhaps not reset correctly or something.

This has been a long standing issue for my system too.

Reinstall after the latest patch did fix the invisible fuselage issue for me.
I notice there’s some airlines that render with incorrect livery though.
Info sheet says Aeroflot but livery on plane is Qatar. Wasn’t sure if I should bug this since it’s modded…

That could be when the mod is not active in the main menu or due to a fleet change within the mod.

1 Like

Okay that’s great, would be interesting to see what a reinstall would do for both @humoresque and @parillos then.

As @andyc said! Cancelling and re-accepting the contract will refresh the fleet and make sure it spawns correctly.

I’ll give the cancel and reaccept a try when I start the game up later.
I’ve always found it hassle to do that though because I’d have to hunt through my flight schedule and cancel all of the upcoming flights for that contract before it would actually let me cancel the master contract. Is there a reason why cancelling a contract can’t remove all flights from the board? I’m assuming it’s because of the ‘inbound/landed flights can’t be cancelled’ function.

First is to check in the main menu if the mod is activated. If it’s just that, you can save the time of cancelling the flights.

Not sure if this is a bug or not - I seem to be getting small commercial aircraft with International destinations.

I’m trying ‘Realistic International stands’ for the first time and I thought that this only applied to medium stands. I didn’t get any while under B8.0-0, but today under B8.0-2 these small flights appeared in the scheduler

Also, it appears F12 for screenshotting is not working - I had to Alt-PrtSc and load it into Paint to get something I can add to a post here…

Yeah, we missed a case with Schengen, it’ll be fixed in -3 later today.

2 Likes

Great - I’ll ignore them for the time being, then :slight_smile:

EDIT: I’ve just found the Schengen toggle - and unticked it. Just got my first Domestic flight offerings.
It would be helpful if the default for that toggle is ‘off’ - the majority of the world isn’t in the Schengen Zone.

2 Likes

They are all active both in the workshop and the main menu.

i just checked aeroflot mod (cause of the icon there i guess it is my mod)
but there is everything ok, no errors or missing planes…

Is there anything I need to back up or do when reinstalling?

Yes, it is your Aeroflot mod. Thank you for your hard work on these =)
I’ll give the cancel and re-accept a try and see if it fixes the livery.

2 Likes

I’m not entirely sure if (or how) this should be submitted as a bug report, but clicking on Hyderabad, India when selecting a new airport reports the closest town as ‘Longyearbyen’. Also, the number of domestic airports always shows zero regardless of which country is selected (image for reference below):

I also spotted a few spelling errors in some other town names, I’ll be more than happy to provide a detailed list if required.

EDIT: Regarding the airport number issue, I have the Schengen toggle enabled. The schengen area correctly shows as 451, but all other countries show 0.

1 Like

I am trying to collect airport issues in the following topic. Let me know there about anything you have seen. I will try to find out what is wrong and post a manual fix on the weekend when I am back on my own computer.

Maybe the devs can use this topic and bring an update of the AirportData.json before the game goes final.

1 Like

Yes. Currently noticing it on Delta Air Lines, Delta Connection, American Airlines, Silver Airways, Elite Airways, and Cape Air mods on the workshop.

Game crashes after trying to load in airport from game menu (From in game when an airport is already loaded)

Rolling out tonight’s update now, beta 8.0-3!

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Beta 8.0-3

Bug

• [ACEO-41633] - UI scaling causes manual flight planning to not be able to plan on certain time slots
  • [ACEO-41665] - Placed logos can in rare instances be rendered with clipped edges
  • [ACEO-41685] - Service vehicles assigned to stands can in extremely rare instances loose their job task connection causing a flight job task completion deadlock
  • [ACEO-41696] - New Schengen mode can cause all flights generate as international flights
  • [ACEO-41704] - Transportation vehicles can wait too long before entering a transit structure parking
  • [ACEO-41713] - Conveyor belt direction can be automatically set as incorrect in very specific scenarios when placing

Improvement

• [ACEO-40515] - Added notification to highlight first arrival of GA and commercial flight
  • [ACEO-41707] - Added short section in terminal tutorial part regarding the highly beneficial usage of path analysis and heat maps when there are persons who cannot move about the terminal
8 Likes