Airport CEO Beta 8 released

Bug ACEO-41944

Asphalt Taxi way Operating cost being charged at 1.00 instead of 0.67 both when originally place and when upgraded.

When demolished the Op Cost goes away… however…

When you demolish small grass/asphalt stand and small grass/asphalt runways the operation cost do not go away. you keep being charged hourly.

Someone on Steam discussion was asking about the Op cost of Asphalt so I tested it out and then found out the op cost for the stands and runways weren’t going away after the next hour.

• I did not test any of the medium or large stands or any other items.
2 Likes
Bug ACEO - 41944 - Op cost Small Stands/Taxiway

Asphalt Taxi way Operating cost being charged at 1.00 instead of 0.67 both when originally place and when upgraded.

When demolished the Op Cost goes away… however…

When you demolish small grass/asphalt stand and small grass/asphalt runways the operation cost do not go away. you keep being charged hourly.

Someone on Steam discussion was asking about the Op cost of Asphalt so I tested it out and then found out the op cost for the stands and runways weren’t going away after the next hour.

I did not test any of the medium or large stands or any other items.

Bug ACEO - 41945 - Op Cost Service Roads

Grass service roads correctly charged at 1.00 when initially placed.
Asphault service roads correctly charged at 0.67 when initially placeed.

When grass service roads upgraded to Asphault, the Op cost is still charged at 1.00

When demolishing either initally placed asphault or grass service roads or uparagded grass to ashpault service road. Op cost still keep getting charged hourly

I have not tested Concrete service Roads.

** an exit and reload of the game brings back the OP cost to 0.00 for the build and demolished service roads.

Bug ACEO - 41946 - Original 40 tiles Public Road Op cost charged after save and reload

However… The original Public Road for new game is then charged hourly 40 tiles of public road *0.67 = $26.80 ($27) after a save exit and reload.

Bug ACEO - 41947 - Med & Lg Door Op Cost

When Medium & Large Doors are demolished the op cost is still charged at $1 each hourly. But after demolished and saved and reloaded, Op cost is set back to $0 for each door

Im not going to bug report but just list the rest of the items with the same issue below:

1. Vending Machines - op cost still charged hourly after demolished.
  2. Small Tower - Same
  3. Vehicle Depot - Same
  4. Service Vehicle Parking Lot - Same
  5. Small AVGAS Fuel Depot - Same
  6. Small Weather Station - Same
  7. Wind Sock - Same
  8. Office Desk - Same
  9. Urinal - Same
  10. Hand Dryer - Same
  11. Service Road - Same
  12. Medium and Large Doors - Same
  13. Taxiway asphalt wrong op cost initially placed and upgraded from grass
  14. Public Road - Original new game tiles correct price but op doesn’t reset after demolished
  • Why do Urinal and Hand Dryer have op cost but toilets and sinks do not?
  • When saved and reloaded from menu op cost stay
  • when saved, exited game and airport re-loaded op cost get set back to $0 for each item

Items that do work correctly for Op Cost:

1. Foundations - correct Op cost and reset to 0 after demolished
  2. Taxiway (grass/asphault) - Op cost goes to $0 after demolished

@Olof I’ve checked all items that have op cost prior to researching projects.

4 Likes

Airport CEO Beta 8 just departed for the default branch! Patch notes here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO Beta 8 released

7 Likes

Dear Olof:

Is it my imagination or did they really remove the option from the panel for visitors to enter the airport or not?

Panel of Operations —> Airport Controls.

Thanks!

PD: List of questions and bugs from my experience coming soon. :smiley:

you have to unlock one of the research… forget what its called

2 Likes

Here.
The second time I said that to someone, ood

1 Like

When one have a question, sometimes the answer appears in a curious way. I found a small post that said that for visitors to appear to parasitize the airport, you have to enable R&D Research Marketing.

humoresque, thanks, thanks, we are not worthy, we are not worthy! :laughing: :laughing: :joy:

1 Like

Extremely minor pet peeve: Hyderabad, which used to be (wrongly) shown as Longyearbyen on the map before, is (also wrongly) called ‘Krishna’ now…

I know this is now the 3rd time I’m bringing up this minor issue, so feel free to ignore if there are bigger things that need atttention.

I don’t see an issue in the database.

Do you have a screenshot of the case?

1 Like

Funnily enough, the airport I was talking about- Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad, India (HYD/VOHS) (Not the one in Pakistan which you have shown above) has disappeared from AirportData.json altogether.

P.S. “Krishna” should be changed to “Vijayawada” also.

Thanks for helping out!

I’ve just checked in a very old version of the file and HYD was not in there too. There is only HDD in the game.
The region of Longyearbyen was set at LYR, JLR, GAY, VGA and HRI. Now it’s only at LYR.

Ahh… I see. Is there a way it could be added by the devs? (I have already added it to my own AirportData.json locally using @andyc instructions). For reference, it is India’s 6th largest airport with 21 million passengers per year pre-covid

I tested a bit your bug report and actually found another bug (?) myself. On 8.1.2
ACEO-42009
Create a new game

Step 1: Sign contractor contract and deploy 1 contractor (€7 per hour salary expense)
Step 2: Build 2 tiles Service road asphalt (€1 per hour operating cost)
Step 3: With rounding, total expenses are €9, working as intended.
Step 4: Save and exit to desktop. Then open game and load save. Wait for new full hour.
Result: A phantom €27 operating cost appears, instead of €1, totaling at €28 per hour

Afterwards, I can confirm your bug as well.
Step 5: Demolish asphalt service road
Step 6: Reload game
Result 2: The €1 operating cost for the asphalt service road is removed, HOWEVER the €27 phantom operating cost still stays.

Haven’t tested with other items or older saves and versions.

1 Like

This is the phantom cost. the original public road 40 tiles that connects to the road that exits the world. it isn’t charged originally but when you save exit and reload, the game charges the op cost for it…

Oh, right. Got it, thnaks!

1 Like

ACEO-42047 - Had an emergency during save and quit to menu and it won’t show in flight planner.

Vehicle movement on stands is still a bit clunky, they often pass through other vehicles or ramp agents. Do others also experience this behaviour?

1 Like

Imagine how hard it is to write those perfect paths for each stand size, service vehicle type and plane model. After each correction you have to start the game, load the specific combination you want to test, check it and go back to the code to make another minor correction of the positions. And again and again and again. :smiley:

3 Likes

I didn’t realise this was such a complicated system. Still, I think there’s some room for improvement before the full release. It’s obviously not a huge deal, but I find these occurences quite common.

As no-fun correctly identifies… there are an extremely large amount of possible vehicle position configurations at any given time. Ideally you’d build a system that would cause vehicles to be aware of other vehicles but that would add a lot of script execution overhead on an already pressed code base and thus this is another case where performance has been prioritized over appearance. I know however that Fredrik is going through the aircraft and are ensuring that vehicle paths are as good as they can be but we will not be able to fully prevent vehicle sprite overlapping.

4 Likes