Airport CEO Beta 5 released

Can you bug report that save?

No new version today, by the way, beta 6 will deploy on the experimental branch on Monday! :slight_smile:

I did, ACEO-40244

1 Like

I had thought it may of been arrival passengers causing the surge in demand for shop/food franchises, so i built facilities in the segregated arrivals baggage reclaim areas but doesn’t appear to be the cause.

Looks to be the departure customers arriving in off the transit facilities that are rushing to a shop before check-in, significantly more so than they did in previous save games/builds played on default branch versions.

ACEO-40312 (I’ll not submit any further bugs on this, but thought it may help investigate with arrivals shops there to rule that out :slight_smile: )

ACEO-40316 - Ramp upgrade shows both options and they have the same effect. Example: upgrade an asphalt ramp to asphalt converts it to concrete

ACEO-40318 - After ramp upgrade, planes appear below.
Update: It places several ramps on top of eachother!

ACEO-40317 - Filled waste truck takes ages to leave the waste depot causing a traffic jam of all other waste trucks which have to wait

ACEO-40319 - BAe146 looks completely white on daytime. I have turned off weather effects but it does not make it better. When the sun goes away it gets better.

ACEO-40301 - Same for all planes in the hangar during night. Are the mechanics working with sunglasses?

ACEO-40300 - Planes prefer to take hangars closer to the departure runway instead closest to the gate

1 Like

Bug 40353

I am noticing on a new save all done in 5.1-4, when I toggle the small aircraft switch on large runways (regardless if it is general aviation or commercial) no connectors are drawn from the large runway to any small stands. Like the game does not reflect that the small stands can use the runway when it is indeed intended.

ACEO-40394 Unable to click/select the icons on the terminal overlay to see and edit staff/vehicle assignment. Clicking the icons removes the overlay view and the menu does not appear.

We cannot replicate this, what kind of device are you on?

Microwave

7 Likes

Hi, it’s a laptop running windows 10 (Lenovo Ideapad Gaming Model, I5 10th, nvidia graphics). I will try using external monitor to see if it’s maybe some quirk with screen size/ratio.

So far i’ve only been able to figure out if i click anywhere other than the staff or vehicle icon on that screen, nothing happens. if i click one of the two icons, it’s like pressing ESC or navigating to another area, it clears away

Just logged 40511.

Have an ATR holding short of the departure runway with no planes in front of it (no reason why it wouldn’t go onto runway and take off) - creates a rather nasty backlog of planes trying to get in and out.

Tried to exit out quite a few times and reload but it happens each time.

Edit to add: If I catch the game right on restart, it says that the aircraft can’t find a suitable runway for takeoff, despite the medium runway being on in departure mode and having had no issues before this.

Do you have the same issue on beta 6?

ETA: Just tried it in Beta 6…aside from a CRJ-700 getting stuck departing (but planes taxi right through it in and out, and then finally got moving after a while), everything else worked fine.

1 Like

Well that would be expected after it being bugged, so unless it keeps happening I assume that it’s been taken care of as of beta 6. We will most likely deploy a hotfix soon on the default branch for beta 5, with a fix for the stand and runway connection issues.

Will the boarding or turnaround times be more optimized or looked at? I still find it wierd the the often board a full hour before the actual departure time. And the boarding goes very quick also. + they all cue in one spot, but’s that already discussed elsewhere. ^^

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Airport CEO Beta 6 released (experimental)

Courtesy of another player posting similar issue, and a response from someone else :slight_smile:

I’ve managed to narrow this down. If you use “T” shortcut to view terminal overlay, the buttons are fine they open the little window below the terminal summary window to assign vehicles or staff.

If you select the terminal overlay icon on the bottom menu, and then click icons shown in my original screenshot, they do not show.

Pleased to have found this out so thank you to those replying to Unable to open the terminal "staff/vehicle assign" windows - #5 by craigwats

1 Like

All right great, @Alexander will have a look at it come Monday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A few days ago I reported a bug: ACEO-39966, and I can’t find it on the Jira, @Olof could you tell me when I know what state it is in? Thanks

They are hidden till fixed

Passengers leaving my airport are not using the ample subway system I built up anymore. I notice that after one of the beta pushes under 5, most of the passengers deadlock at the baggage claim areas. Subway usage at my 16 stations also dropped off from around 170 passengers an hour, down to an average of 87 passengers. I sent a report ACEO-40637. Anyone else having issues or have a suggestion to fix the issue. I deleted all the bus and taxi stands. Still no improvement. This is also having a huge impact on the game engine. I was able to process over 25,000 passengers and their planes without any lag. Now, security lines are starting to backup, and ramp agents are not performing service rounds or loading/unloading baggage. Flights are facing major delays.

1 Like