Airport CEO Beta 2 released

Right, instant bug I have found in the menu, mods page is broken

it says mods in the corner, but the page does not open up, and that’s a problem, as I’m trying to fix a modding problem I having, causing the unity game engine to just crash when I load in, so I need the mods page

1 Like

Is it only me or is the “Modding” option not available with this update?

Edit: Ah, not only me. o.O

3 Likes

Just look at my post above lol, it’s not just you, I’m also having the same issue

4 Likes

Is anyone able to negotiate contracts concluded since 2.1-2 ?

1 Like

My game unfortunately is unplayable since update 2.1.1. due to the following unfixed bugs:

-Both runway usage ratio is very unequal (80%/20%), resulting in obstructions and delays.

-De-icing at runway right, take-off at runway left.

I really hope this gets solved!

1 Like

Does anyone else have this problem that not all Passengers are boarding a flight even if they all passed Security and are in Sec Area. Happens with all Medium Flights.

Did’nt open Bug Report because Map is not default Size.

@RaDiCaL all the time :wink: ~ I set “send away” as default delay solution :smiley:

Oh thank you, so “Send away” means delayed Flights at the Gate? So i thought this means delayed flights on Arrival. Ok i will try this.

1 Like

If you don’t want them the take-off on the left runway, you can set the runway to be landings only. Similarly set the right runway for take-offs only and they won’t land there…

Check the queues at your cafes and shops - the missing PAX are usually still in there, especially at that time of day. If they are, add a cash desk or two to cope with the volume of PAX.

Thanks. Good Argument, but i don’t have any Shops in Sec Zone yet :frowning:

Noticed a strange behavior with the camera in the latest 2/3 builds. When using the arrow keys to move the camera and the fps are particularly low (maybe under 15) the keys freeze and are applied for a while after releasing. Camera movement using the mouse is ok. Report ACEO-35041

I prefer both for landing and take-off in order to equally spread the traffic on my airport. Otherwise I get jams at the take-off runway. Especially during de-icing. This was functioning before.

There seem to be two sides here. Some want the aircraft to always go for the nearest runway no matter what. Some wants the system to divide between any available runways. They way it was before was kind of random so they would distribute evenly. I recently added a distance factor as well which is why some of you see a different behavior where they will pick the nearest instead. I’m open for input here.

4 Likes

Could you do a “estimated departure time” calculation?
Whenever an airplane “commits” to a runway, it will “register” for it. Any later plane will calculate the distance (in travel time from stand to runway entrance) plus some extra time for every already registered airplane in front of them. The airplanes then might rather go for “number 4 on the far distant runway” than for “number 10 on the close runway”.
Of course it doesn’t consider possible overtaking during taxi but at least leads to kind of time-related even distribution.
I would still add some pure distance related bonus. For example, if (travel time + number-in-queue-malus) of the closer runway is just a little bit more than (travel time + number-in-queue-malus) of the further away runway, realistically the airplane might prefer to wait a few minutes more but save the taxiing fuel. The difference just should be small.

1 Like

Maybe runways could have a counter for aircraft taxxiing towards it, wich you factor in with the distance from stand to runway and nr of landing aircraft in line to runway to see wich runway is optimal. Would be nice if runway ui also show the amount of aircraft taxxiing to it.

1 Like

For departure actually I don’t really care which runway planes take. As soon as they start driving after pushback, the CEO’s job is done.
Important is it for landing. Specially when map size gets bigger, planes may taxi around for up to 1hr until they arrive at the gate. So for landing, the decision to select the closest runway is very important.

Wouldn’t you be able to build an efficient taxiway system with one way taxiways, size and flight type limitations?

I mean people are building calculators on RCT :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I thinks this warrants its own thread to discuss this issue specifically. Personally I have nothing to add since I never use multiple runway setups, but with its own thread we can discuss the issue with more focus while keeping this one open for other sort of bug or behavior report.

1 Like

I also would like to point out, that after de-icing the planes do not choose the closest runway.