Airport CEO Beta 1 released

This is not really a bug, but it was under the radar for a long time, even for me who always brags about planes. It is of course the size of the CRJ series in game. It is really about 20-30% larger than what it should be. This occurred to me while I was watching the new F100 park next to a CRJ200. Then came thing incredibly helpful bug. Please take a look at the size of the E170 and CRJ200 mashed together.

The main problems in this are the overall lenght, wingspan, cabin width and engine diameter. Take a look at the measurements of the real thing.

E170 has a wingspan of 26m, CRJ200 that of 21m, but in the game they are nearly the same size, maybe some 50cm difference on each wing, in reality, it is stunning 5 meters. Other measurements you can compare for yourself.

What can be done with it? I like to go extreme and update the CRJ series, together with 737NG and A320, a trained eye can spot many irregularities, most of which have been edited by the mod community, 737NG and A320 respectively. Thinking more about this, MD-80 and F100 have similar cabin width, this leads me to believe that the legendary MD-80 will look rather silly next to a CRJ700.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve had the same issue with Walk-on stands since I first tried segregation at the start of A36.

Iā€™ve had PAX walk through walls and a staff zone to get to the staff security gate - but I stopped this when I realised that I had left the PAX access to this gate on :facepalm: I saw several instances of wall-walking elsewhere in the terminal under A36 but none yet in Beta.

Iā€™ve little experience of International Zones so canā€™t comment on that one.

Otherwise, Iā€™ve not come across your other issues, indeed, Iā€™ve successfully made three or four Bug reports in the past few days. FTR Iā€™m using the Default branch, B1.1-2 at the moment.

1 Like

Iā€™m finding it impossible to segregate ARR/DEP passengers whilst also having staff tiled doors between them. The passenger recently have started trying to access bathrooms wrong side of the segregation causing pathfinding error despite a nearer facility being available within their section

1 Like

This is a general PAX pathfinding issue. See the last paragraph of this post I made earlier this week: Airport CEO Beta 1 released - #297 by talisman56

1 Like

I think you donā€™t have to be worry about the ā€œnewerā€ planes in the game including the Embraer series. @Rubble keeps a good eye on correct proportions and details.
However, some planes are in the game since early stage as the CRJ series and others. Those do sadly not have this high quality standard. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How has frequency of emergencies been? Iā€™m on a save on the ā€œhardestā€ settings (verified in the save files), and I rarely get anything. Mostly mechanic reports a cancellation. No more landings/ambulances.

2 Likes

New planes I am 100% sure are the correct series, when it comes to them they are deadly accurate. E170 is absolutely the correct size, CRJ sadly is not. Interestingly enough, other old planes like ATR or BAE are the correct size. If it was up to me, I would go for an update to the old plane, I guess mods would have to updated too, but it would worth the work I think.

3 Likes

I use medium setting and Iā€™m getting less Emergencies under Beta than I did when using A36ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m getting even less emergencies as the betas keep rolling out :pensive:

1 Like

How often does a real airport has emergecies? And always 5 at the same time?

Emergencies should be unexpected and not a routine. So itā€™s good that they arenā€™t always coming up.

2 Likes

Itā€™s certainly a relief not getting a whole slew of emergencies, but all I seem to get now are ramp agent technical issues and wheel problems.

A little more variety would be interesting - and Iā€™ve not yet had the Air Ambulance visitā€¦

2 Likes

I was more noticing I stopped getting air ambulances altogether.

On another note, @Olof, I just placed a staff room, but it did not lay the staff zoning with it - intentional?

1 Like

Absolutely true what youā€™re all saying about different secure zones for ARR and DEP in current situation, but I find that has some issues which outweigh the benifits.

• Needing multiple staff rooms for real efficiency, one in Arrivals zone for janitors, service techs and info desk staff.
  • Additional security screening checkpoints for the staff to get into the ARR zone in first place.
  • walk on/walk off stands automatically default to be the same secure zone number as those of the terminal foundations they align to. Whilst remote stands however donā€™t have that issue as they are numbered as a seperate secure zone. So there may be a bigger issue here that the directly connected (non jetway) stands will always cause the secure zones to merge into one?
  • Airside bus stops similarly to the stand situation have the issue of clinging to the same secure zone of a stand if there is one directly infront of it (using the same bit of road for example)

Speaking obviously as a player and not a skilled developer the solution seems to need to be something along lines ofā€¦

• A way of having a staff door between segregated secure zones that do not require a lap of ā€œSecure Exit > Security Checkpointā€ so ARR/DEP separate zones wouldnā€™t be issue, staff can do their shift across the two efficiently and realistically.
  • The directly connected (non jetway) stands some how do not cause the secure zones for walking routes on and off, to merge into same secure zone too.
  • ALTERNATIVELY - some clever wizardry in the algorithm for pathfinding, that ensures a passenger simply will disregard a facility, if they canā€™t currently find a walking route to it. At moment they seem to look for the nearest within the same secure zone, subject to the issues raised, then they realise they canā€™t actually walk to it, and cause an error

Appreciate any advice on this in the short term. Iā€™ve only had issues very recently but as Iā€™ve said I think they are only noticeable not thanks to the helpful red icons flagging the issue.

4 Likes

Could you show your ā€œdesignā€ of scanners?
Mine is the same as in tutorial

1 Like

Never seen dangerous baggage loaded to aircraft. Some bags go around few times and gets rejected by various tier 2 scanners and eventually either get cleared or destroyed. Most of the bags rejected first actually end up being passed and loaded into aircraft. Either there is a big bug in the scanning AI or there is a mechanism of false positives, but this seems to work. And there isnā€™t too many incorrectly destroyed bags either.

6 Likes

Nice idea with the infinity loop.
The issue of loading dangerous goods even when all 3 scanning levels are set up is the staff change of the third tier. If the new security comes to late, the bag goes trough. In your layout it will turn itā€™s circles until a security officer is back at his/her job and will sort it out.

2 Likes

@Pasi Ingenius! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Got stuck on the main screen after Iā€™ve pressed END GAME before the main menu was fully readyā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

How do you get an airport to be 5 stars?

1 Like

Increase your average airport rating. I donā€™t know the exact percentage, but Iā€™m assuming it has to be around 90%. 100% would be impossible.

1 Like