Airport CEO Beta 1 released

Think this may have broken something, now as soon as the bus arrives at the stop the bus leave and boarding is marked as complete with 0 passengers boarded. Tried to bug report but gives an error 500.

1 Like

Arriving PAX are funnelled directly to passport control with jetway split between arrivals and departing PAX and then a security exit so they exit quickly. For PAX flying out of the airport I have toilets and shops near check-in and once they are through security and passport control I have more shops, restaurants, toilets and lounges for them. The only time they mix is in my unsecured terminal entrance.

1 Like

As long as the arrival part is an independent security and maybe international zone, you won’t get issues.
If there is a connection between the arrival and departure side, there could be the chance that someone wants to visit an object in the non reachable area.

1 Like

My attempt was a regional airport (my Admins hadn’t got round to researching Large Aircraft). The departures side was at Level 1 for jetway access to stands, when the PAX offloaded they were directed straight down to Arrivals on Level 0. There was a staff-only staircase which connected the two levels so my minions could go about their business.

I had cafes, shops and toilets on both levels, but arriving PAX wanted to visit the (larger) cafe in Departures and the departing PAX wanted to visit the toilets in Arrivals because it was closer to the Gates - even after I built a (closer) new set of toilets in the middle of the Gate area.

Then I had a flight cancelled due to technical fault and the bumped PAX started complaining about not being able to go home again. It was easier to de-zone the staircase and let them do what they darn-well please…

1 Like

I think it works in my design due to the way I can split departing and arriving PAX at the jetway. Without being able to completely segregate the arriving PAX all the way through the airport until they reach the unsecured zone at the entrance I think you will get PAX wanting to mix for the reasons in your post.

1 Like

This is what I was using, Departures on Level 1, direct access from Boarding Desk to the Jetway. Arriving passengers went from the Jetway down the stairs to Arrivals on level 0. This was an A35 build so some of the save files aren’t loading under B1.1

It all worked, up to the point where the whole area between the Gates and Baggage pick-up was a mass of PAX with red speech bubbles wanting to eat at the Departures cafe and use the upstairs toilets. Similarly, the Departing PAX were wandering around with their legs crossed wanting to use the Arrivals toilets.

The main issue is the PAX not being satisfied with the facilities provided on the Level they are on. They have a ‘whole world’ knowledge where they should only have knowledge what they can currently see. They shouldn’t be looking through floors to find a destination, they should be restricted to access to areas on their current zone (as in Check-in, Security, Departure Lounge and Gates, or Arrivals area and Baggage Claim) and recalculate when they (have to) change floors or zones to see what they can access there.

3 Likes

I love how you managed to get the numbers in there. That’s beautiful.

3 Likes

Any one else having the modding page loading forever ending up with a time-out?
I’m subscribed to 4 mods from the Workshop. :confused:

1 Like

Kinda difficult to bug report this, but as can be seen, might need to adjust the UI for the flight number (especially with three-digit airline code). Also, what’s with the space next to the flight code? Feels a bit weird.

1 Like

Did you have shared secure zones that both arriving and departing passengers used on level 0? In my design, they are kept separate.

1 Like

CEOs! I need your help. I have a problem with rating, especially with quality and staff friendliness. I have many shops, cafes, 4 airline lounges (6 large gates and 4 medium). I play sandbox so I always try to build high quality objects. So right now I have no idea how can I improve quality :frowning:
About staff - weird for me is that I have surplus of staff, I reduced their shift time and still most of them has “red” energy. They have many staff rooms and their own toilets. They are also trained (not fully, because game doesn’t allow me to - I clicked on blue button few times and that’s all I can do :confused: ). That is also a point where I have no idea what can I do more… or maybe if I see that 90 are working right now I need 90 more to be ready to change shift?
What is weird also, is what you can see in these pictures taken literally after rating changes. I didn’t change anything with aircrafts fees (most left, 4 from the top) - it was 98% and changed suddenly to 56%. @Olof is that a bug??

picture 1

picture 2

1 Like

Try double staff, while one group is on break another can takeover. Also F12 is screenshot!

2 Likes

About pax wanted to eat in departures. Try to have different secure zone for arrivals. It does work for me. But you have to provide entry and exit to every zone - if they have cancelled flight they leave via exit in “departure zone”.

1 Like

How do you do the double staff thing

1 Like

Just hire more staff :wink:

2 Likes

Ah okay lol

1 Like

How many ramp agent are needed per stand size?

1 Like

There is never enough staff… I haven’t played for a while. But I usually use the employee task list to find the balance.

I hire till things are going well. After this you can still optimize.

1 Like

small-1-2
medium-4
large-I have no idea maybe 6??

2 Likes

Thank you

2 Likes