Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

Two little birds overlapping each other!

3 Likes

Thanks Olof - somehow I missed this! Much appreciated.

3 Likes

I have an emergency stuck at a hangar awaiting pushback, I have idling pushback trucks and like 3 different roads leading to the hangar, any help please?

1 Like

Emergencies’ frequencies are dependent on the game’s difficulty level - the more difficult game you selected, the more frequent emergencies will be generated. Also, if you choose a sandbox mode game, you now select certain criteria that affect your gameplay. This is all set ONLY at the creation of your game - you cannot edit it (in game) after the game has been created. Since all of this is new, (and the devs can correct me), I believe older games (specifically sandboxes) have defaulted to the easiest settings - no emergencies/animals, but oddly money and economics are treated as real.

NOW, the trick to changing this “manually” (without having to recreate your arirpot) is you can find the line of code in the game’s save file, and change these parameters yourself. If your save file is not up-to-date, first launch it normally in the game, and save it. Older saves may not have the lines of text we need. You can change these lines by browsing to your save game files (in Windows something like C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Saves). Once you locate your save’s folder, look for the GameData.JSON file, and open it in notepad (it my linger a minute or two, as it is a hefty file). Then look for the following, at the beginning of the file:

“playerDifficultySetting”:3,“sandboxSettings”:{“sandboxEnabled”:true,“unlimitedFunds”:true,“disableEconomySimulation”:false,“disableConstructionSimulation”:true,“projectsUnlocked”:true,“allAreasUnlocked”:true,“unlimitedFlights”:false,“emergenciesDisabled”:false,“animalsDisabled”:true}}

PlayerDifficultySetting: I believe it ranges 1-3, 3 being the most difficult
All the sandbox settings are true/false, pretty self-explanatory.

Finally, I cannot vouch what this does for achievements, and I highly suggest backing up before anything as it may corrupt a save.

4 Likes

Hey parillos,
thanks a lot for your explanation. I intalled ACEO via Steam and unfortunally I couldn´t find the JSON, or even the “Saves” folder.
I found “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Airport CEO\Airport CEO_Data\DataFiles” and then a GameSetting.JSON, but the content is only:

“{“edgeScroll”:false,“panSpeed”:0.9718734622001648,“zoomSpeed”:0.9718745946884155,“middleMousePanning”:true,“autoSave”:false,“amPM”:false,“unitSystem”:0,“passengerModifierValue”:0.7796869277954102,“mute”:false,“volume”:0.47998395562171938,“enableVsync”:false,“enableTreeAnimations”:true,“activatedMods”:[“9a7103e1-2042-47a6-af95-abfb171d98fe”,“46ec5158-8cbe-4ad5-a40e-218bc70f5396”]}”

Does anyone know where I can find the saves? Or where I can look up?
Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Your save folder should be in a path similar to this

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO

USERNAME is specific to your PC. It is usually the name of the system user account you use.

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply, but I know all of this, which is why I’m asking this question towards the devs. As I said, I’m not asking about frequencies, but how the emergencies themselves are selected.

1 Like

I’ve been away from the game for a couple of weeks or so, came back to find A36.3-5 on the default branch. Started a new airport, been handling emergencies like a champ, after battling throught the first two which came before all the facilities were built :frowning_face:

Moving on, I’m now stymied because whatever I do, the Cafe and Shop R&D projects are greyed out. I’ve hired a Procurement Officer per the tutorial, but still can’t start the projects.

Also, it’s difficult to deal with GA emergencies as there is no way to reserve a small GA stand for emergencies (as far as I can see). The open ones fill up as fast as they empty, and if the emergency goes to a briefly vacant one, I get a GA plane stuck at the end of the runway complaining that it’s allocated stand is not free. I tried building a spare GA stand and keeping it closed for emergencies, but once the emergency has cleared the stand and I rush to close it, an incoming GA flight has already been assigned to it, and so it goes on…

1 Like

I really guess we might need stands to be labled ‘for emergencies only’ and have the game reserve and direct the planes to them. So basically spoken, in case of emergency the game looks for a reserved stand and if none is available it takes a normal one.

Reading about everyone having so many emergencies i’ve been playing on my old airport, just updated it. Completed the project built the facilities, haven’t had a single thing happening yet. I think i missed something or it’s a bug. What should i check?

1 Like

Level of difficulty :slight_smile:
Post 740

2 Likes

Thanks, found it :top:

2 Likes

Do you have a Strategy Director though? Those two are greyed out unless you have the strat. director.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2: :man_facepalming:t2:

You’d think that after 700+ hours I’d remember how to do these things… Yes, a Procurement Director, but no Strategy Director…

Serves me right for having some time off…

4 Likes

Everyone, including me, have those moments…
:rofl: :man_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

/tiphat fellow >700 hour unteachable…

1 Like

Do I have to cover the whole RWs with BSPDs? Or is it enough to cover the touch down zones?

1 Like

Now I have covered both RWs with each four BSPDs at high power, but I am still getting tons of Bird Strike Emergencys…

1 Like

At my last big airport, the kept coming and getting fined too. I cant figure out whats up with them.

Can all runways get a road connection for emergencies?

1 Like