Airport CEO Alpha 36 released (The Emergency Update)

To the Devs; The back up beeping sound for garbage trucks is constant whether they are backing up, parking, going forward, or whatever, even on the service roads. The only time the beeping stops is when they enter the parking depot or lot. I did bug report this, it seems seriously excessive and is driving me nuts. (NPI)

:crazy_face:

5 Likes

I would love for the contract rating to be romoved for sandbox so we can build airports and have the contractors we want for the airport.

2 Likes

Anyone else having to build more repair hangers than stands? That seems very unbalanced? maybe im wrong.

3 Likes

Do you have spare pushback trucks ? If not, medium and large sized aircrafts will stay inside forever, awaiting for pushback

4 Likes

Yeah, even on the 2nd lowest difficulty level, there are always 5 ongoing emergencies and the hangars full of repairs that take 1 day and 10 hours. As soon as one is solved, the next one comes in.

But I think there are never more than 5 at the same time?

2 Likes

Already looked at in beta. :slight_smile:

As @ReV0LT said, capacity. But it is not that clear at the moment so it will be adjusted in beta.

Yes, this is a critical thing. Seems like it is something that doesn’t add up over time. We are investigating it.

It is an unfortunate effect of the new negotiation system. Old save doesn’t have the correct data stored which is why it has to be re-signed to work.

8 Likes

A minor Q: is there a purpose to assigning specific airlines to hangar? As it stands the system doesn’t recognize if a hangar is reserved for a specific airline. So say if a hangar is reserved for Swiftly, other airlines can still use the hangar.

3 Likes

@andyc, @Fredrik : a simple solution to the Speed suggestion: just make the current speed GREEN. If stopped, then RED. Green and red are international standards for go and stop.

3 Likes

@Bardaek, the repair percentage will remain at 33.3% for quite a while. However, as the repair time winds down towards the end, that percentage increases.

2 Likes

OK, this is disturbing. It happened already 2 times that Quit & Save option did not generate a save file and I’ve lost around 2 hrs of the gameplay. Did anyone encounter such an issue? :frowning:

2 Likes

Thanks for the continued bug reporting all! :slight_smile:

Yes, we are looking into this issue, there’s a thread leak in relation to the contractor path-finding system in the most recent version of Alpha 36 and it will cause the application to crash and not save correctly when using the quit to save feature. We are looking into this, but it’s a good example and reminder that experimental is still experimental and not stable at all as things like this can happen. One way to avoid this right now as of the latest version is to not use contractors at all in any capacity.

5 Likes

Sure thing, no offence taken, will happily wait for the fix. :wink:

4 Likes

Hey @Olof, can you tell us something about the financial part and rating system? It’s still to easy and we’ll start with a 3 star rated airport without building

2 Likes

@Bardaek, the repair percentage will remain at 33.3% for quite a while. However, as the repair time winds down towards the end, that percentage increases.

This seem odd to me… and it was days and days. the percent change shouldn’t just stop like that while money is being generated.

2 Likes

New problem - Game randomly crashes to desktop. Where do you find the crashlogs on a mac?

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks, but I don’t have library under [User] - and when I do find it and the logs folder there is no unity folder?

2 Likes

In Finder under view options. It’s hidden by default, which for 99.9% of Mac users is the correct setting.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 18.16.29

Or, as Carrot says too. You can go direct. I personally like to have it shown.

3 Likes

~/Library/Application\ Support/Application\ Support/
Put that into “Go” → “Go to Folder” in finder

3 Likes

(I don’t believe on Catalina you can do this)

2 Likes