Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

hey devs, would it be possible or a simple change to make the jet bridge (or ground stand connections) segregation switchable (kinda like the bus/taxi/car stops) with a toggle so what you could switch the sides they arrive and depart the aircraft? Would be nice to have arrivals grouped together every 2 stands so that they join in the same area then you an have half the elevators or stairs needed to go up or down a level for arrival customs or whatever. Right now you have to have an escalator or stairs for every stand.

Just curious if it would be easy to add a toggle on a stand so that you could switch the flow of traffic depending on what you need it to be for that stand.

Here is a basic diagram to show what I mean. Arrivals turn left or right with 2 stands next together and then join and go up or down stairs.

I hope this would be easy to add.

Key
Cyan/Blue = Sterile arrivals/Boarding
Green = Departures
Red = Arrivals
White = Terminal
*jetbridge could be ground entry too if you aren’t using jet bridges.

8 Likes

About traffic direction toggles, the car parks seem to be missing them, is that intentional?

2 Likes

Anyone else having problems upgrading airport stands to 2nd floors?

1 Like

is known bug Trello

2 Likes

We will of course have a look at vehicles, and everything else, during beta but I don’t think you’d see too many working intersections like that in real life… :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately not at this point, the system does not know which specific area a certain passport checkpoint is attached to, passengers instead request a passport checkpoint that provides access to the international area their boarding desk is located in.

Perhaps at a later stage, wouldn’t be too difficult but not something we can allocate resources to right now.

4 Likes

thanks for the response :slight_smile: glad it wouldn’t be too difficult.

1 Like

New version rolling out on the experimental branch now (as -2 did not pass for the default branch)! This should fix the jet-way construction issues as well as spamming buses. More updates are to be expected tomorrow and probably throughout the weekend.

If -3 is more stable than the current default version it will be transitioned tomorrow afternoon.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.4-3

Bug

• [ACEO-27947] - Auto-save search path file exception can cause bug reporter to not include correct save
  • [ACEO-27985] - Baggage claim area panel doesn't show IATA code
  • [ACEO-27992] - Buses can in rare instances spawn excessively during short bursts
  • [ACEO-28009] - Stand jetway upgrade does not properly merge secure zone areas causing occasional missing security checkpoint connection
  • [ACEO-28027] - Deadlocked delivery trucks can cause construction material delivery to not be executed properly
  • [ACEO-28038] - Completed franchise contracts that are completed before the contract expires are incorrectly loaded
  • [ACEO-28088] - Inaccessible construction material can cause future cibstruction material delivery to not be executed properly
9 Likes

When will 4-3 update on Steam?

1 Like

You can subscribe for the experimental build by right clicking the game in steam going properties then Beta

1 Like

Will it keep the previous game record from the official version?

1 Like

You should backup your saves before switching to experimental.

2 Likes

ACEO 28148 - My funds turn negative after opening a save game from few hours ago :frowning:

1 Like

@Olof Can you check the security zones again? They seem to behave bit strangly. For example when i built a shop, people didn’t go into it before i re laid the security zone over it. Also, elevators don’t work before re laying the security zone over them. At the same time, escalators right next to the elevators work just fine. I’m not bug reporting via game as all works now on that save so i doubt it would provide you any useful info. Can do, if you want.

1 Like

Not all updates make it to the default branch, depends a lot of the performance of the build on the experimental and the work we have planned for the week.

Not really sure I understand your issue, in general it’s very difficult to look into something like this without a concrete bug report where the issue is explained in detail and got a save attached.

2 Likes

New version rolling out on the experimental branch, Alpha 35.5-0!

In this version we’ve finally been able to mitigate two critical bugs: Missing items upon reload of a save with extensive construction demolition and another issue with stalled systems across the airport invoked upon airport reload.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.5-0

Bug

• [ACEO-28025] - Missing null reference check in object placement and interaction chains during deserialization process can cause loading to break
  • [ACEO-28085] - Random items can disappear when loading game after extensive construction demolition was made in earlier session
  • [ACEO-28099] - Specific game loading sequence from menu can cause all multiple systems to not reload and airport to deadlock
  • [ACEO-28119] - Template with items created in a different save carry across to other saves where those items are not yet researched
  • [ACEO-28121] - Tooltip layout for R&D "proactive maintenance" broken
  • [ACEO-28123] - Missing null reference check in terminal number fetching for stands can break terminal overlay
11 Likes

I’ve updated the latest experimental version. Yet my previous game still strike 100%CPU

1 Like

ACEO-28232: Security zones behaving badly. Elevators won’t work unless security zone is relaid over them. That still may not connect the zones correcly. Shops and restaurants stop getting customers until security zone is relaid over them.

Also, as the pic shows, service vehicles get stuck when assigned to stands.

1 Like

On 35.5-0 I’m having a lot of issues. Security zones are getting dezoned after a reload. Staff are also spawning in random places after a loading. I also can’t get the terminal overlay to show up so I can’t assign workers or vehicles.

ACEO-28244: Security checks can’t be found. People complain they can’t get to them even if they are right there next to check in and worked just fine for a while. Seems to be related to earlier security zone issue, ACEO-28232. @Olof

Edit: ACEO-28285: Security zone breaks when editing gates at remote wing for B-gates. People stop being able to find their way to security check at main terminal.

First thing I notice; clicking the AIRPORT CLOSED thingy, brings you to the operations menu, thats awesome!

Tutorial: “to the left is the ratings panel” ~ I think it is on the bottom right?

No CLOSE button on the flight planner? Also, the tutorial is not on top of the flight planner window.

What is “the checklist”? ~ no idea, I cant click the white text. Werid. Ah, the checklist is explained in the next step, but you dont know that :smiley: ~ you cannot check the CHECKLIST button in the first panel it shows up in.

I cant click “back” ~ but, do we already know what a “management panel” is? I remember we were told about TAB to open the airport stuff. But was it called “management panel”? All other tabs referred in the Tutorial, are never explained to be in the “management panel”. Like the Vehicle Tab for example.

The tutorial does not validate if you connect your taxiway to the runway and a stand, should it not do that before suggesting the tower?

When asked to build a vehicle checkpoint, it was never explained what a service road is.

Also, I cannot remember the Tutorial ever explaining that I can turn an object with R.

Filtered out staff is not auto-rejected.

The R&D image in the Tutorial is not what the Operations panel R&D looks like for me. I have “click to start a project” blocks. Ah… I need a strategy director. But the Tutorial never told me. I only get offered COO or CFO applicants. Wondering if do something wrong.

I do not get any other executive applicants for my airport. Reload does not fix it - 28252

The R&D stuff seems fixed with a microupdate.

Why are tunnels available before you finished Floor R&D project?

1 Like