Airport CEO Alpha 35 released (The Terminal Update)

What are you saying?

yup, woke up to the security issues as well ACEO-28255 They were all missing when I loaded my saved airport from yesterday. looks like staff zones are gone too

2 Likes

Rest of the executive team comes available after researching commercial license.

Please note that this is a thread about bugs in alpa 35, not general gameplay issues and support.

1 Like

Ah, I missed the link, can you link the current Alpha 35 thread? I always have dumped them in together.

And you cannot research the commercial license, that is the whole issue.

Oh, did we get a mircoupdate? its fixed now.

1 Like

No we didn’t and it works anyway :slight_smile: You need office for administrators with computers (staff room to be precise) and then you need to have a way for them to arrive to your airport, taxi, bus, car etc. Then the R&D works just fine.

This is the latest Alpha 35 thread yes, but what you ask and describe aren’t bugs in the alpha.

1 Like

No it did not. Now it does again.

1 Like

Thank you for the reports everyone. We have fixed the R&D panel issue and are investigating the zone issue, will soon find a fix for that and at that point a new update will be deployed! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

All right, Alpha 35.5-1 rolling out now on the experimental branch takes care of both the zone issue and the broken R&D panel, sorry about that. Unfortunately airports that have been saved with the 5-0 version have already had their zones removed and it will have to be restored manually (it’s the price you have to pay for playing on the edge) however they will now persist when you save, just like before.

Release notes - Airport CEO - Version Alpha 35.5-1

Bug

• [ACEO-28204] - Missing initialization call can cause R&D panel to not load
  • [ACEO-28247] - Zoned areas do not always get properly saved
10 Likes

I just sent in a bug report ACEO-28299. I can’t access the terminal overlay to be able to add staff or vehicles for my one save. Will it be possible to fix this or is this save doomed?

1 Like

Your bug was reported on 35.5-0 which has now been replaced with 35.5-1. Unfortunately ACEO-28247 not only affected zones but also terminals so you will have to reassign the terminal area and redo the vehicle and employee assignments.

If you are still on 5-0 you should really quit and update the game as soon as possible and save it using the normal save feature and not the quit to menu save which is causing the missing zones in 5-0.

4 Likes

Nice its fixed! ~ Onward.

When clicking an Email report notification, the email overview opens, but immediately closes again.

A staff room allowance list is not scroll-able, so fields can be outside of the viewing window, thus un-clickable.

Why does dragging International Zone not imply a secure zone, when its not there?

I just build my first elevator! Jay! ~ but euhm, lots of lazy people there are :wink: ~the game has the fastest elevator ever!

Is there a way to block all flights after 20:00? Or just manually? I want people to shop! Its an airport. Flying they can do the day after.

Can we get a “restructure loan” offer. Waiting out 1.000.000 loans while you need money, is annoying. When running a business you restructure your loans all the time.

2 Likes

Bug report number gone, but new passport thingies are not recognized.

1 Like

It usually takes a few system for the system to recognized the newly placed checkpoints.

3 Likes

any ETA on when you will deploy these updates on default?

1 Like

We’re still seeing a few zone loss issues reported, they are most likely caused by the player saving the game with 35.5-0 and then starting again with 35.5-1, whereas all of the zones are removed, but we want to be 100% sure of this before deploying it on the default branch and thus need it to soak a little bit more.

3 Likes

For me now, the zones are really confusing :frowning:
hopefully there will be a better solution for this in the future. I think for new players too, this is hard and time consuming to figure out

2 Likes

Any news on the zone color intensity slider? I want to say this annoys more than it helps but you have the statistics.

5 Likes

@Olof these are still valid issues. Please check.

1 Like

I suggest you re-file them on Alpha 35.5-1, due to the serious zone issue on 5-0 any zone issues on that temporary experimental version has been nuked. Also I always recommend you filing one bug report per issue, it’s very difficult for us to work with multiple issues bundled into one bug report description and those types of reports tend to be down-prioritized in favor of more concise bug reports featuring the same type of issue.

2 Likes

Alpha 35.5-1 has now been transitioned to the default branch! Patch notes available here: Steam :: Airport CEO :: Airport CEO Alpha 35.5-1 released

6 Likes